Event Date/Time: Mar 15, 2010
End Date/Time: Mar 17, 2010
Feb 01, 2010
Paper Submission Date:
Oct 30, 2010
The Eighth IASTED International Conference on Web-based Education (WBE 2010) will provide an opportunity for scholars, faculty, researchers, and administrators in all areas of Web-based education to convene with colleagues from approximately 50 countries to discuss innovative ideas and research results in the new and exciting field of Web-based education.
As keyboards replace chalkboards, the Webâ€™s impact on traditional educational theories and practices becomes increasingly apparent; the Web has transformed and expanded the boundaries of conventional education. Web-based learning environments such as virtual colleges, laboratories, and universities have generated a wealth of new educational strategies and technical innovations worthy of critical attention and discussion. These innovations include new hardware and software technology, online testing and assessment, training and teaching applications, and courseware design and development.
The topics of interest to be covered by WBE 2010 include, but are not limited to:
* Academia/Industry Collaboration on Web-based Training
* Authoring Systems for Web-based Education
* Best Practices of Web-based Education
* Blended Education and Training
* Collaborative E-Learning
* Communication Technology Applications in
* Corporate Web-based Training
* Design and Development of Online Courseware
* Dot-com Educational Institutions and their Impact on Traditional Universities
* Educational Portals for Web-based Education
* E-learning and E-training
* Faculty Development on Web-based Education
* Funding Opportunities for Projects in
* Innovative Teaching and Learning Technologies for Web-based Education
* Innovative Web-based Teaching and Learning Technologies
* International Projects and International Collaboration on Web-based Education
* Mobile E-Learning
* Multi-agent Technology Applications in Web-based Education
* National Policies and Strategies on Web-based Education
* National Projects on Virtual Universities and Web-based Education
* Online Degree and Certificate Programs
* Online Education and Training
* Quality Issues of Web-based Education
* Reusable Learning Objects for Web-based Education
* Scientific Web-based Laboratories and Virtual Labs
* Software and Hardware Systems for Web-based Education
* Streaming Multimedia Applications in Web-based Education
* Testing and Assessment Issues of Web-based Education
* Virtual Reality Applications in Web-based Education
* Virtual Universities and Colleges
* Web-based Education (WBE)
* Web-based Methods and Tools in
Traditional, Open and Distance Education
* Web-based Training
* Web-Lecturing Technology
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-688.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by October 30, 2009. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by December 15, 2009. Final manuscripts are due by January 25, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by February 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by October 30, 2009. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to email@example.com by October 30, 2009. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by October 30, 2009, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-688.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe