SANS Security East 2010 â€“ New Orleans
Venue: Sheraton New Orleans
|Event Date/Time: Jan 10, 2010||End Date/Time: Jan 18, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 02, 2009|
The following line up of courses will bring you the best security training ever! Don't miss our bonus evening presentations where we'll share the latest threats as well as newest advances in electronic discovery, penetration testing, computer forensics, and more.
- SEC401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style *
- SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling *
- MGT512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials for Managers with Knowledge Compression(tm) *
- MGT414: SANS(r) +S(tm) Training Program for the CISSP(r) Certification Exam *
- AUD507: Auditing Networks, Perimeters, and Systems *
- SEC503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth *
- SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, and Defenses
- SEC301: Intro to Information Security *
- SEC408: Computer Forensic Essentials
- SEC563: Mobile Device Forensics
- SEC610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
The following courses are being held on January 10 as additional training opportunities:
- SEC526: Advanced Filesystem Recovery and Memory Forensics
- SEC531: Windows Command-Line Kung Fu In-Depth for Info Sec Pros
- SEC553: Metasploit for Penetration Testers
- SEC550: Information Reconnaissance: Competitive Intelligence and Online Privacy
Additionally, we have four more courses to round out your training:
- MGT421: SANS Leadership and Management Competencies (January 16)
- SEC557: Virtualization and Security Operations (January 16-18)
- SEC564: Security Architecture for Systems Administrators (January 17-18)
- SEC440: 20 Critical Security Controls: Planning, Implementing and Auditing
* Courses preparing you for the technical and management certifications required by Department of Defense Directive 8570 being taught at SANS Security East 2010.
Complete your SANS training experience with a GIAC certification attempt! Many of our five and six-day courses offered at SANS Security East 2010 are associated with a GIAC Certification. Put the skills you'll learn to practical use and join the thousands of GIAC certified professionals who make the info sec industry safe! Visit the GIAC Certifications Roadmap page for more information and register for your certification attempt today!
"GIAC certs are concerned with real applications and principles, rather than vendor products and implementations." - Rob VandenBrink
"SANS is the fastest way to go from an Information Security beginner to an Information Security guru." - Dave Howard, Emerson
"SANS seeks out and employs professionals who are passionate and knowledgeable about their craft. Thank you!" - Eugene Alexeen, Colorado Interactive
"After 9 years of doing forensics work and 14 seminars/conferences on computer forensics, this is proving to be the best." - Frank Grindstaff, Home Depot
SANS Security East 2010 is once again being hosted at the Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street, where the city's major attractions and the Mississippi River are literally right outside the hotel's door. A special discounted rate of $189 S/D will be honored based on space availability. This rate includes high-speed Internet in your room.
New Orleans temperature is around 55 in January, but it can get into the low to mid 60s. Mardi Gras season begins on January 6, so you will be in town for some of the early events! King cakes go on sale, and some of the Balls begin. Tour the Mississippi, tour a plantation, take a swamp tour, learn about the history! This city is a fabulous destination! http://goneworleans.about.com/
"This is critical to any business to protect sensitive data." - Melissa Black, Lockheed Martin
Make your 2010 training plans now and register today for SANS Security East 2010. We are looking forward to meeting you in New Orleans!