3rd International Conference on Human-Robot Personal Relationships (HRPR2010)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 23, 2010||End Date/Time: Jun 24, 2010|
|Registration Date: Jun 24, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: May 18, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Mar 16, 2010|
3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN-ROBOT PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Leiden University, The Netherlands
23-24 June 2010
The 3rd International Conference on Human-Robot Personal Relationships (HRPR 2010) is organized and hosted by Leiden University's Institute of Advanced Computer Science. As its two prior editions, it is the main platform to present and discuss studies of personal relationships with artificial partners, their formation, their possibilities and their consequences. Such personal relationships are increasingly attracting attention from scientific fields as (social) robotics, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, psychology, philosophy, sociology.
Researchers, students and practitioners from all segments of the human-robot personal interaction community are invited to submit works and proposals related (but not limited) to the topics
- robot emotions
- robot personalities
- gender approaches
- affective approaches
- psychological approaches
- sociological approaches
- philosophical approaches
- case studies
in any of the following forms
- original papers & position papers (4-8 pages, published in proceedings)
- extended abstracts (2 pages, published in proceedings)
- workshop proposals
- demonstrations of running system prototypes
- artistic installations (possibly combined with an extended abstract).
The language of the conference is English.
- March 2, 2010: Submission deadline for workshop proposals and artistic installations
- March 16, 2010: Submission deadline for papers, extended abstracts, and demonstrations
- April 27, 2010: Notification of acceptances
- May 18, 2010: Submission deadline for final versions and registration of presenting authors
- June 22, 2010: Pre-conference workshops (tentative) and informal evening program
- June 23-24, 2010 Conference dates
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers are included in the conference proceedings. Additionally, a selection of papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Social Robotics.
The city o Leiden (The Netherlands) is well known for its historic downtown with pretty canals, museums, famous university, and lively academic atmosphere. It was home to great painters such as Rembrandt and Jan Steen, and is located in the heart of the Dutch tulip-growing region only 20 minutes from Amsterdam international airport. The conference venue is Leiden University's historic Kamerlingh Onnes building, located on a canal in the city's historic quarter.
Preliminary Program Committee:
- Dr. Maarten Lamers, Leiden University (chair)
- Dr. Fons Verbeek, Leiden University (vice chair)
- Prof. Jaap van den Herik, Tilburg University and Leiden University (conference series initiator)
- Dr. David Levy, author of "Love and Sex with Robots: The Evolution of Human-Robot Relationships" (conference series initiator)
Additional program committee members to be announced.
Submission, Registration, Program, Speakers, Contact Information:
For further information and contact possibilities, visit the conference website http://hrpr.liacs.nl.