Event Date/Time: Dec 01, 2009
End Date/Time: Dec 03, 2009
Early Registration Date:
Oct 31, 2009
Attend INFONEX's IFRS: Tackling Key Concerns for the Oil and Gas Industry and get practical, industry-specific guidance from the experts to ensure that you are prepared to make your changeover to IFRS. You will learn solutions to specific challenges facing the oil and gas industry during the transition to IFRS.
Not only will you hear from regulators and accounting firms, but you will also hear from industry professionals who have actually been through the IFRS transition. These experts will share practical guidance that you can take back and apply at your organization right away.
Hear case studies on lessons learned to date in the IFRS conversion and on defining a cash generating unit. Learn how to navigate through the IFRS conversion process with a step-by-step project management approach. Understand Assets Retirement Obligation and IAS 37 as it relates to oil and gas, and gain insight on full cost accounting and IFRS 6.
* Hear a case study of lessons learned to date in the IFRS conversion
* Learn how to navigate through the IFRS conversion process with a step-by-step project management approach
* Understand the final amendments to IFRS 1 and how it will affect your transition
* Get insight on asset componentization and accounting for depreciation, depletion, and amortization (DDA) as it relates to oil and gas
* Understand everything you need to know about financial instruments
* Learn about IFRS and income taxes and the implications of the choices you make
* Understand full cost accounting and IFRS 6 - Exploration for and the Evaluation of Mineral Resources: differentiation, application, and assessment
* Get comprehensive updates from the regulators: hear directly from the AcSB and ASC Hear a case study on how to define a cash generating unit (CGU)