Event Date/Time: Nov 17, 2009
End Date/Time: Nov 19, 2009
Early Registration Date:
Oct 16, 2009
INFONEX's IFRS for Real Estate will provide you with in-depth guidance and information about the implications of IFRS for the Canadian real estate industry. Our expert faculty of speakers with years of experience in the real estate sector will discuss the key elements IFRS and how new standards in the conversion from Canadian GAAP to IFRS will effect the financial reporting of the real estate industry.
You'll have the opportunity to assess your transition progress so far, benchmark your performance against others in the industry, and then ask leading experts for answers to typical industry-specific questions regarding PP&E, investment properties and leases. You'll understand not just what the new rules are in reporting investment properties or property, plant, and equipment, but also the collateral implications these changes will have on your operations, systems, and governance.
The transition to IFRS is going to take work, but INFONEX's IFRS for Real Estate will provide you and your people the knowledge and insight you need including lessons learned in the IFRS transition from Australia and Europe.
* Understand the newest standards coming into effect for the real estate sector
* Considerations for IFRS disclosures and investor relations
* IAS 17: Lease Accounting under IFRS
* Practical considerations in accounting for investment properties (IAS 40)
* Issues arising from component accounting and property plant and equipment (IAS 16)
* Accounting for projects under development: capitalization of costs
* IFRS impact on your systems and internal controls processes
* Governance issues arising from the adoption of IFRS