Seminar on Use of Clean Coal and Advanced Technology for Betterment of Efficiency in Thermal Power G
Venue: Gulmohar Hall
|Event Date/Time: Oct 12, 2009||End Date/Time: Oct 13, 2009|
Council of Power Utilities in Association with India Core New Delhi is organizing a 2 day Seminar and Exhibition on 12th and 13th October 2009 in Gulmohar Hall, India Habitat Center, Lodhi Road New Delhi.
You are invited to participate.
The following issues are proposed to be deliberated in the Seminar.
1. Indiaâ€™s Electric Power and Energy Requirements present and long Term prospective.
2. Role of thermal power in meeting Indiaâ€™s power and energy requirement.
3. Power Coal requirement for thermal power generation, its qualitative and quantitative issues.
4. Coal Imports in India and Potential opportunities for Blending.
5. MoEFâ€™s Stipulation of Ash Content cap for coal to be used for thermal generation.
6. Coal Beneficiation and Policies for Promotion of Coal Washing.
7. Washed Coal Production- Existing & Projection.
8. Importance of Optimising Coal Washeries Performance to cope with tightening Environmental Regulation.
9. Opportunities under the Kyoto Protocolâ€™s Clean Development Mechanism to undertake clean coal technologies adoption.
10. Initiatives taken by Coal suppliers for setting of Coal Washeries.
11. Joint Sampling of Coal.
12. Technology requirements for clean power generating project to enhance thermal power efficiency:-
Understanding the technology road map in embarking towards clean power generation Capitalising on advance technologies to improve efficiency and achieve operational excellence.
People and technology ensuring effective synergies to optimise operation.
Profiting from clean power generation through carbon credits
Deliberating the impact of climate changes movements, increasing oil prices and energy security on the way power generators are doing their business
Understanding the prospective of generators, what are their issues, sentiments and reservations in moving towards clean power generation.
Boosting clean power generation through effective incentive mechanisms and other regulatory and business support.
Uncovering the potential renewable energy sources particularly nuclear power in ensuring energy security.