Event Date/Time: Nov 05, 2009
End Date/Time: Nov 07, 2009
Oct 26, 2009
Enabling Week seeks to engage both informal and professional caregivers, policy makers and the public in discussions on the landscape of eldercare and disability services in Singapore.
The event opens with a full-day industry conference, followed by a series of talks and workshops hosted by established local and overseas industry experts. These sessions aim to offer insights to recent trends, best practices and innovations which identify and address service gaps. In line with the theme, Enabling Week provides a platform for knowledge exchange, collaboration and capability building for the benefit of the elderly and persons with disabilities.
Topics include the following:
- Independent Living with High Level of Care & Services
- Best Practice In Supporting The Elderly Managing Transitions And Life Changes
- The Emergence of Senior Community Models in the United States
- Person Centred Care: An Approach for Success
- Aspire to Excellence
- Community Models That Work; Success Factors
- Connecting What We Do With What We Know: Building a Community Of Research and Practice in Aged Care
- Managing Challenging Behaviors Of Individuals With Intellectual Disability
- Managing Difficult Behaviour - Depression (English)
- Active Rehabilitation
- Supporting Language Development Of Children With Developmental Disability
- Managing Difficult Behaviour - Depression (Chinese)
- Dementia: A Personal Caregiving Journey
- Money Skills for Caregivers
- How to Set up a Special Needs Trust
- Caregiving... The journey starts with you!
- Disability Classification
- Swallowing Management Programme for the Elderly