Summer Course on European Criminal Justice
|Event Date/Time: Jun 28, 2010||End Date/Time: Jul 02, 2010|
- EU policy in criminal matters: from Maastricht to Lisbon
- The role of the European institutions and the European Court of Justice and the interplay with national criminal law
- Mutual legal assistance and mutual recognition (Convention on Mutual Legal Assistance, the European Arrest Warrant, mutual recognition as regard to sanctions and gathering of foreign evidence, the European Evidence Warrant)
- EU legislation regarding serious cross-border crime (organised crime, terrorism, money laundering, trafficking in human beings)
Police cooperation in the EU (Schengen Convention, Joint Investigation Teams, data exchange)
- Organisation of police and criminal justice cooperation (European Judicial Network, Eurojust, Europol, OLAF)
- Defence rights in the EU
- The future of European criminal justice under the Lisbon Treaty
Participants will have the opportunity to prepare in advance through an e-learning course via the ERA website, and to deepen their knowledge through case-studies and workshops during the summer course.
A visit to the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg with the opportunity to attend a hearing will be an integral part of the programme.