3rd Annual Green Hospitals Conference (Integrating sustaina)
|Event Date/Time: May 20, 2010||End Date/Time: May 21, 2010|
|Registration Date: May 20, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Feb 26, 2010|
Hospitals have one of the largest carbon footprints of all public infrastructures and with several state governments planning the construction of new hospitals, sustainability is at the forefront of health department agendas.
Hospitals are under pressure to find more sustainable solutions for waste management and everyday hospital management. Potential for reducing the carbon footprint, creating greater efficiencies and enhancing the hospital environment for the benefit of the patient and the staff is great. This includes water use, air quality, transport and travel, waste management systems, energy use and sustainable procurement.
The 3rd annual Green Hospitals Conference will cover a broad range of issues to help you improve your operations, create systems that work, overcome any barriers to achieving sustainability and ensure your staff is involved and motivated. This will include:
- Developing polices to support health benefits
- Environmental training programs for health services
- Embedding environmental sustainability into healthcare facilities
- How eco design can deliver cost effective outcomes
- Greening complex supply chains
Delegates will also get valuable insights into specific projects, including:
- Sonia Roschnik, Operational Director, Sustainable Development Unit, National Health Service, UK will spend time discussing the NHS carbon reduction strategy for the UK.
- Kai Abelkis, Environmental Coordiator, Boulder Community Hospital, Colorado, USA will give an update on what Boulder Community Hospital has achieved by going green.
- Patrick Maguire, Director, Carbon Management Unit, Queensland Health will talk about the Queensland State Government’s approach to environmental protection in healthcare.
- Stuart Galbraith, Government Programs Manager, Sustainability Victoria will spend time detailing Victoria’s approach to enabling sustainable healthcare.