Join us for the first North American Joanna Briggs Institute colloquium in 12 years of annual JBI conferences. This biennial colloquium will bring together international experts and delegates to discuss the best approaches to advancing global health through evidence-based practice.
We welcome your reports of innovative evidence implementation projects, symposia submissions, systematic review reports, methodology reports and more-please read more at the web site.
Deadline for submission: May 3, 2010.
Join our confirmed invited plenary speakers:
- Alison Kitson PhD, RN, FAAN professor and head of discipline at the University of Adelaide, well known for her work in knowledge translation and the PARIHS model
- Mark Petticrew PhD, from the University of London School of Hygiene and Tropical Disease known for his work in evidence-informed policy, systematic review methods and the Cochrane and Campbell Collaborations
- Cheryl Stetler PhD, RN, FAAN is a consultant in evidence-based practice/evaluation/implementation science in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Margarete Sandelowski PhD, RN, FAAN from the University of North Carolina, internationally recognized for her work in qualitative research and metasynthesis
- Ian Graham PhD, vice-president for knowledge translation at the Canadian Institute of Health Research and prolific author in knowledge translation
- Julia Littell PhD, from the School of Social Service Administration at Bryn Mawr University, internationally recognized for her work in meta-analysis and using empirical research in social policy and social work practice
- Pat Ebright PhD, RN from the Indiana University School of Nursing well known for her research and practice in work complexity and patient safety
- Catharine Lumby PhD, from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, is director of journalism and media research. She will speak to translating knowledge through the media
- Ronda Hughes PhD, MHS RN, FAAN Howe Endowed Chair for Healthcare Transformation at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and the Aurora Health Care System and editor of AHRQâ€™s publication â€œPatient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nursesâ€