â€˜SAARC Trade Relations:Legal Issues and Challenges
Venue: MK Nambyar SAARCLAW Centre,
|Event Date/Time: Feb 20, 2010||End Date/Time: Feb 20, 2010|
In furtherance of its mandate objective, the M.K. Nambyar SAARCLAW Centre has planned a one day national workshop on â€œSAARC Trade Relations: Legal Issues and Challengesâ€. The Workshop will be held on Saturday, 20th February, 2010 at the M. K. Nambyar SAARCLAW Centre, NALSAR University of Law, Justice City, Hyderabad.
The workshop is for a healthy discussion and debate on steps that need to be undertaken strengthening the economic cooperation within the region also focusing on SAARCâ€™s role in the development of International Trade. The tentative themes of the Workshop shall be:
1. Rules of Origin (RoO) in the SAARC Region
2. Trade Barriers
3. Most Favoured Nations Treatment within the SAARC Region
4. Dispute Settlement Mechanism under SAPTA/SAFTA
5. SAARCâ€™s Approach Towards WTO Issues
6. Informal Trade in the SAARC Region
7. Principle of Reciprocity and Non-reciprocity in SAPTA/SAFTA
This Workshop will explore the legal-cum-economic aspects of the SAARC and will provide a platform for discussion and aims to point towards possible outcomes to strengthen the legal cooperation and capacity building among the Member Countries.
Contact to participate: firstname.lastname@example.org