6th Annual Resource and Supply Planning Conference: Best Practices in an Era of Renewables and Reduc (0310-resource-planni)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 23, 2010||End Date/Time: Mar 24, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 12, 2010|
No longer are resource and supply planning efforts confined to vertically-integrated utilities operating in traditional, non-competitive markets. Load-serving entities in virtually every market and every state are now juggling complex scenarios to serve their clientele utilizing the most efficient, least risk scenarios. New and modified analytical tools are necessary to address these planning challenges.
Planners and policy professionals in resource planning will find this conference and workshop content valuable and timely. They will examine the processes that utilities and other power providers must incorporate in their planning efforts to accurately model and forecast the impact these new circumstances require.
Our panel of experts will examine the best practices, benchmarks and metrics that are appropriate for addressing the following issues:
* Transmission/generation mix and the reliability impact
* Renewable energy and RPS requirements
* Climate change - mandatory emissions reporting and rapidly evolving policy directions
* Environmental measures and their effect on the generation portfolio
* Demand response and energy efficiency measures and their resource/supply effects
* Energy market dynamics in the context of portfolio selection
* Emerging procurement strategies for resources
* Multi-jurisdiction resource planning
* Dealing with resource planning biases in different energy/capacity markets