Business Roundtable with the Government of India (Indian Customers) (Roundtable)
Venue: Maurya Sheraton
|Event Date/Time: Mar 16, 2010||End Date/Time: Mar 17, 2010|
To be held on March 16-17th, 2010 at the Maurya Sheraton, New Delhi
On behalf of Economist Conferences, I am pleased to extend to you an invitation to attend this yearâ€™s Business Roundtable with the Government of India to be held from March 16-17th, 2010 at the Maurya Sheraton, New Delhi. The conference will be chaired by Daniel Franklin, Executive Editor, The Economist. The annual roundtable is a high-level dialogue between cabinet ministers (and other top government officials) and heads and senior decision-makers of international and local companies.
Star speakers include:
* Charles Goddard, Editorial Director, Asia Pacific, Economist Intelligence Unit
* Kamal Nath, Minister of Road Transport & Highways
* Shashi Tharoor, Minister of State for External Affairs
* Anand Sharma, Minister of Commerce & Industries
* Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister, NCT of Delhi
* Ambika Soni, Minister of Information & Broadcasting
* Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group
* Ajit Gulabchand, Chairman & Managing Director, Hindustan Construction Company Ltd
* Narayan Ramachandran, CEO & Country Head, Morgan Stanley (India)
* Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman, Microsoft Group
* Salil Parekh, CEO, Financial Services, India Asia Pacific, Strategic Business Unit, Capgemini
* V N Dhoot, Chairman, Videocon Industries
* Ranjit Shahani, Managing Director, Novartis
* Kevan Watts, Country Head (India), Bank of America Merrill Lynch
* S S Kohli, Managing Director, India Infrastructure Finance Co Ltd
* Shashi Ruia, Chairman, Essar Group
Economist Conferences is part of the Economist Group, publisher of The Economist, and is the leading provider worldwide of forums for senior executives seeking insights into strategic issues. Every year, we conduct over 300 meetings globally, including industry conferences, customised events and government roundtables.
As the Indian economy continues to grow robustly, despite the difficulties thrown up by the global recession, there is more interest than ever in such a high-level forum, where business and government leaders can address the challenges and opportunities presented by the expected recovery in 2010.
Typically, a Roundtable comprises of presentations by ministers and senior policymakers, followed by panel discussions and comments and questions from the audience. The sessions aim to promote open and frank discussion, in an atmosphere of constructive engagement with the government.
The Business Roundtable with the Government of India would form an important part of the highly successful global Government Roundtable series. They have successfully created a long-running business-government dialogue in many countries around the world, Spain most notably being supported by the incumbent Spanish prime minister for each of the past 19 years.
They have recently had the honour of organising Roundtables in the following countries:
Colombia 2009 â€“ President Alvaro Uribe VÃ©lez
Greece 2009 â€“ Prime Minister Kostas Karamanlis
Portugal 2009 â€“ Prime Minister JosÃ© SÃ³crates
Cambodia 2009 â€“ Prime Minister Hun Sen
Philippines 2008 â€“ President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
Australia 2008 â€“ Prime Minister Kevin Rudd
Mexico 2008 â€“ President Felipe de CalderÃ³n Hinojosa
European Commission 2008 â€“ President JosÃ© Manuel Barroso
Chaired by experts from The Economist Group, the conference will bring together 150 very senior attendees from across the industries.
Standard fee: USD 2000/ INR 90,000 + Service Tax
Special rate for ASSOCHAM members: USD 1350 / INR 60,000 + Service Tax
Special rate for NGOs and Academicians: USD 1150 / INR 50,000 + Service Tax
For more details on the conference, speakers and the agenda you can view the following link
For registration details please contact Poonam by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Tel: (91) 022 27578668