The Twelfth IASTED International Conference on Control and Applications (CA 2010)
|Event Date/Time: Jul 15, 2010||End Date/Time: Jul 17, 2010|
|Registration Date: Jun 01, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 01, 2010|
The Twelfth IASTED International Conference on
Control and Applications
July 15 â€“ 17, 2010
Banff, Alberta, Canada
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
BEST PAPER AWARD
The International Program Committee will nominate papers based on originality and scientific contribution for the Best Paper Award.
Prof. Mehrdad Saif
Simon Fraser University, Canada
Conference Chair Portrait
"Recent Advances in Intelligent Control Systems, & Inventing and Developing an Automated Haematopoietic Stem Cells Harvesting Machine"
Prof. Tong Heng Lee
Professor & Cluster Head (Control Systems)
Professor in the Graduate School, NUS NGS
Dy Editor-in-Chief, IFAC Mechatronics Int Jnl
National University of Singapore, Singapore
Keynote Speaker Portrait
The Twelfth IASTED International Conference on Control and Applications (CA 2010) will be a major forum for international researchers and practitioners interested in all areas of control and applications. This conference will offer the opportunity to both present and to observe the latest research, results, and ideas in these areas.
CA 2010 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Modelling and Simulation (MS 2010)
* Wireless Communications (WC 2010)
* Environmental Management and Engineering (EME 2010)
* Solar Energy (SOE 2010)
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and spanning 6,641 square kilometres of valleys, mountains, glaciers, forests, meadows, and rivers, Banff National Park is truly one of the world's premier destination spots. Banff was Canada's first national park and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Summer in Banff means time to put away the skis and bring out the hiking boots. Banff National Park is a hiking wonderland, containing over 1,600 kilometres of trails. Even in July, the warmest month, the Rockies will fill you with awe as you fish, golf, camp, horseback ride, go whitewater rafting, or take a helicopter ride. Visitors can tour historic sites, soak in hot springs, stroll along the shores of Lake Louise, and enjoy many first class accommodations. Drive the Icefields Parkway into adjoining Jasper National Park and you have an excellent chance of seeing elk, deer, moose, and black bears along the roadside. Take a ride on the Banff gondola or spend just one night camping under the diamond-lit sky and you will be convinced that this is the most beautiful place on earth.
The topics of interest to be covered by CA 2010 include, but are not limited to:
* Applications of Control in Health
* Adaptive Control
* Control Education
* Control of Distributed Parameter Systems
* Control Theory
* Control using Neural Networks
* Cooperative Control Systems
* Digital Control
* Discrete Events and Hybrid Systems
* Environmental Systems
* Fault Detection
* Fuzzy Control
* Genetic Algorithms
* Green and Sustainable Energy applications
* Heuristics in Control Applications
* Identification and Estimation
* Intelligent Control
* Linear Control
* Modelling and Simulation
* Non-Linear Control
* Power Systems Applications
* Predictive Control
* Process Control
* Real Time Systems
* Re-Configurable Control Systems
* Robust Control
* Stochastic Control
* UAV/UGV/UUV Control
* Variable Structure Control
* Vehicles and Transportation Systems
* Virtual Reality in Control
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* M. Abdelati â€“ Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine
* I. Al-Bahadly â€“ Massey University, New Zealand
* F. AllgÃ¶wer â€“ University of Stuttgart, Germany
* F. Assous â€“ Ariel University Center, Israel
* R. Bachnak â€“ Texas A&M International University, USA
* C. Banyasz â€“ Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
* I. Baruch â€“ CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
* S. P. Bhattacharyya â€“ Texas A&M University, USA
* I. O. Bucak â€“ Fatih University, Turkey
* W. Byrski â€“ AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
* C. N. Calistru â€“ Technical University of Iasi, Romania
* R. Castro-Linares â€“ CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
* F. R. Chang â€“ National Taiwan University, Taiwan
* X. Chen â€“ Shibaura Inst. of Tech., Japan
* Z. Chen â€“ The University of Newcastle, Australia
* C. Cornel â€“ Virginia Tech, USA
* M. A. Duarte-Mermoud â€“ University of Chile, Chile
* D. Efimov â€“ Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
* F. Fahimi â€“ University of Alberta, Canada
* A. M. Frattini Fileti â€“ University of Campinas, Brazil
* P. Fu â€“ National University, USA
* V. Glizer â€“ Ort Braude College, Israel
* G. Godard â€“ Ryerson University, Canada
* K. Goher â€“ University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
* H. G. Gonzalez-Hernandez â€“ Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, Puebla, Mexico
* A. Guez â€“ Drexel University, USA
* M. Hassan â€“ Kuwait University- Electrical Engineering Dept., Kuwait
* F. Y. Hsiao â€“ Tamkang University, Taiwan
* R. V. Iyer â€“ Texas Tech University, USA
* J. G. Juang â€“ National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan
* R. P. Judd â€“ Ohio University, USA
* J. Kacprzyk â€“ Systems Research Institute, Poland
* S. Kaitwanidvilai â€“ King Mongkut''s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
* L. Keviczky â€“ Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
* G. Knopf â€“ The University of Western Ontario, Canada
* P. Kulczycki â€“ Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
* T. Kulworawanichpong â€“ Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand
* M. Lee â€“ Yeungnam University, Korea
* T. H. Lee â€“ The National University of Singapore, Singapore
* Z. Lin â€“ University of Virginia, USA
* Y. S. Lu â€“ National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
* F. Ma â€“ University of California, USA
* F. Mahar â€“ Balochistan University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan
* M. Mansour â€“ Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
* S. Martinez â€“ University of California, USA
* T. Meressi â€“ University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
* Y. Morita â€“ JAXA, Japan
* H. Oya â€“ The University of Tokushima, Japan
* S. Ozcelik â€“ Texas A&M University, Kingsville, USA
* G. Pang â€“ The University of Hong Kong, PR China
* A. Pantelous â€“ University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
* I. Papamichail â€“ Technical University of Crete, Greece
* C. A. Rabbath â€“ Defence R&D Canada, Canada
* I. Rusnak â€“ RAFAEL, Israel
* D. Ruxu â€“ Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
* M. Saif â€“ Simon Fraser University, Canada
* R. Sanz â€“ Technical University of Madrid, Spain
* J. Sarangapani â€“ Missouri University Of Science And Technology, USA
* J. Z. Sasiadek â€“ Carleton University, Canada
* Y. Shi â€“ University of Victoria, Canada
* V. Shin â€“ Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
* M. Shiraishi â€“ Ibaraki University, Japan
* M. Silva â€“ ISEP - Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal
* J. Smieja â€“ Silesian University of Technology, Poland
* T. M. Sobh â€“ University of Bridgeport, USA
* B. Sohlberg â€“ Dalarna University, Sweden
* J. Å techa â€“ Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
* C. Y. Su â€“ Concordia University, Canada
* J. Tanha â€“ Payame Noor, Iran
* A. Tavakoli â€“ Islamic Azad University, Iran
* M. Tavakoli â€“ University of Alberta, Canada
* A. Tayebi â€“ Lakehead University, Canada
* J. A. Tenreiro Machado â€“ Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal
* J. Vittek â€“ University of Zilina, Slovakia
* K. Vu â€“ AuLac Technologies Inc., Canada
* G. Wojcik â€“ Institute of Computer Science, UMCS, Lublin, Poland, Poland
* J. Wu â€“ Zhejiang University, PR China
* Q. C. Wu â€“ University of Manitoba, Canada
* T. Yamamoto â€“ Hiroshima University, Japan
* J. S. Yang â€“ University of Minnesota, USA
* E. E. Yaz â€“ Marquette University, USA
* H. Yue â€“ University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
* H. Yussof â€“ Nagoya University, Japan
* W. Zhan â€“ Texas A&M University, USA
* Y. Zhang â€“ Concordia University, Canada
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-697.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by March 26, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by May 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by May 24, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by June 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to email@example.com. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by March 26, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by March 26, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-697.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due March 26, 2010
Notification of Acceptance May 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due May 24, 2010
Registration Deadline June 1, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ CA 2010
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org