The Second IASTED International Conference on Environmental Management and Engineering (EME 2010)
|Event Date/Time: Jul 15, 2010||End Date/Time: Jul 17, 2010|
|Registration Date: Jun 01, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 01, 2010|
The Second IASTED International Conference on
Environmental Management and Engineering
July 15 â€“ 17, 2010
Banff, Alberta, Canada
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
Prof. Ron Thring
University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
Conference Chair Portrait
Dr. A. K. Dalai
University of Saskatchewan, Canada
The Second IASTED International Conference on Environmental Management and Engineering (EME 2010) will convene scholars, researchers and individuals in government to discuss the challenges posed by the confluence of finite energy supplies, demographic trends and political considerations, and possible solutions to these problems. Threats to the environment, food, and water supplies will be of particular interest. With steady population growth and increasing energy demand around the world, the prudent management of the world's dwindling resources has become an issue of the utmost importance. At the same time, areas with the greatest population growth -- and insatiable energy demand -- are found in nations with high levels of pollution.
EME 2010 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Modelling and Simulation (MS 2010)
* Control and Applications (CA 2010)
* Wireless Communications (WC 2010)
* Solar Energy (SOE 2010)
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and spanning 6,641 square kilometres of valleys, mountains, glaciers, forests, meadows, and rivers, Banff National Park is truly one of the world's premier destination spots. Banff was Canada's first national park and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Summer in Banff means time to put away the skis and bring out the hiking boots. Banff National Park is a hiking wonderland, containing over 1,600 kilometres of trails. Even in July, the warmest month, the Rockies will fill you with awe as you fish, golf, camp, horseback ride, go whitewater rafting, or take a helicopter ride. Visitors can tour historic sites, soak in hot springs, stroll along the shores of Lake Louise, and enjoy many first class accommodations. Drive the Icefields Parkway into adjoining Jasper National Park and you have an excellent chance of seeing elk, deer, moose, and black bears along the roadside. Take a ride on the Banff gondola or spend just one night camping under the diamond-lit sky and you will be convinced that this is the most beautiful place on earth.
The topics of interest to be covered by EME 2010 include, but are not limited to:
* Air Quality
* Biodegradable Materials
* Carbon Sequestration
* Clean Energy
* Ecological Restoration
* Environmental Impact Assessment
* Habitat Rehabilitation
* Land Management
* Natural Resources Management
* Pollution Reduction
* Remote Sensing
* Soil Erosion
* Sustainable Development
* Waste Management
* Wastewater Treatment
* Water Resources Management
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* A. Al-Tabbaa â€“ University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
* J. Anthony â€“ University of Leeds, United Kingdom
* J. Arocena â€“ University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
* D. G. Brown â€“ The University of Michigan, USA
* I. D. Buchanan â€“ University of Alberta, Canada
* A. Cendrero Uceda â€“ University of Cantabria, Spain
* P. Champagne â€“ Queen's University, Canada
* N. B. Chang â€“ University of Central Florida, USA
* Y. C. Chang â€“ Hsing Wu, Taiwan
* B. Chen â€“ Memorial University, Canada
* C. Y. Chen â€“ Hsing Wu College, Taiwan
* R. Clemente â€“ Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
* N. Clifford â€“ University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
* P. Deadman â€“ University of Waterloo, Canada
* D. Duprez â€“ University of Poitiers, France
* D. Dutta â€“ Monash University, Australia
* W. Elshorbagy â€“ United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
* S. Eslamian â€“ Isfahan University of Technology, Iran
* M. Fan â€“ Brunel University, United Kingdom
* M. A. Gavrilescu â€“ Technical University of Iasi, Romania
* Z. Hashisho â€“ University of Alberta, Canada
* J. P. Heaney â€“ University of Florida, USA
* P. Heilman â€“ United States Department of Agriculture, USA
* G. Huang â€“ University of Regina, Canada
* P. Y. Julien â€“ Colorado State University, USA
* N. E. Kathijotes â€“ Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
* N. kaushika â€“ Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, India
* A. Kirilenko â€“ University of North Dakota, USA
* A. Kurkovsky â€“ Georgia Gwinnett College, USA
* S. Leyk â€“ University of Colorado, USA
* J. Li â€“ University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
* L. Li â€“ University of British Columbia, Canada
* B. Liao â€“ Lakehead University, Canada
* D. P. Loucks â€“ Cornell University, USA
* H. J. Miller â€“ University of Utah, USA
* I. Moffatt â€“ University of Stirling, United Kingdom
* B. O'Regan â€“ University of Limerick, Ireland
* C. Ã–rmeci â€“ Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
* B. Ostendorf â€“ University of Adelaide, Australia
* U. Panu â€“ Lakehead University, Canada
* J. Patterson â€“ Concordia University, Canada
* G. Pophali â€“ NEERI, India
* C. Poulos â€“ University of Patras, Greece
* M. Pourkashanian â€“ University of Leeds, United Kingdom
* H. Puta â€“ Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany
* P. Reichert â€“ Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science & Technology, Switzerland
* P. Roudgarmi â€“ Agricultural Research and Education Organization (AREO), Iran
* R. Seth â€“ University of Windsor, Canada
* M. Sharan â€“ Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
* R. P. Shrestha â€“ Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
* P. Stegnar â€“ Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
* N. Su â€“ James Cook University, Australia
* R. Thring â€“ University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
* Y. Tian â€“ University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA
* P. Torrens â€“ Arizona State University, USA
* P. Vanrolleghem â€“ Ghent University, Belgium
* O. Varis â€“ Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
* J. Wainwright â€“ University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
* J. P. Wilson â€“ University of Southern California , USA
* J. Zacharias â€“ Concordia University, Canada
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-699.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by March 26, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by May 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by May 24, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by June 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by March 26, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to email@example.com by March 26, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by March 26, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-699.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due March 26, 2010
Notification of Acceptance May 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due May 24, 2010
Registration Deadline June 1, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ EME 2010
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org