The Second IASTED International Conference on Solar Energy (SOE 2010)
|Event Date/Time: Jul 15, 2010||End Date/Time: Jul 17, 2010|
|Registration Date: Jun 01, 2010|
The Second IASTED International Conference on
July 15 â€“ 17, 2010
Banff, Alberta, Canada
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
* Technical Committee on Energy and Power Systems
Journal of Zhejiang University-Science A (Applied Physics & Engineering
Journal of Zhejiang University-Science A (Applied Physics & Engineering)
Prof. Richard Petela
Technology Scientific Ltd., Canada
Conference Chair Portrait
Prof. William S. Duff
Colorado State University, USA
The Second IASTED International Conference on Solar Energy (SOE 2010) will bring together international researchers and practitioners working at the cutting edge of solar energy, as well as in related areas such as renewable energy and clean energy. The rising price of oil, the diminution of cheap energy sources, and growing global environmental concerns has induced greater interest in alternative sources of energy.
SOE 2010 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Modelling and Simulation (MS 2010)
* Control and Applications (CA 2010)
* Wireless Communications (WC 2010)
* Environmental Management and Engineering (EME 2010)
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and spanning 6,641 square kilometres of valleys, mountains, glaciers, forests, meadows, and rivers, Banff National Park is truly one of the world's premier destination spots. Banff was Canada's first national park and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Summer in Banff means time to put away the skis and bring out the hiking boots. Banff National Park is a hiking wonderland, containing over 1,600 kilometres of trails. Even in July, the warmest month, the Rockies will fill you with awe as you fish, golf, camp, horseback ride, go whitewater rafting, or take a helicopter ride. Visitors can tour historic sites, soak in hot springs, stroll along the shores of Lake Louise, and enjoy many first class accommodations. Drive the Icefields Parkway into adjoining Jasper National Park and you have an excellent chance of seeing elk, deer, moose, and black bears along the roadside. Take a ride on the Banff gondola or spend just one night camping under the diamond-lit sky and you will be convinced that this is the most beautiful place on earth.
The topics of interest to be covered by SOE 2010 include, but are not limited to:
* Biomass Energy
* Clean Energy
* Desalination Systems
* Nanotechnologies for Solar Energy
* Photovoltaic Energy
* Renewable Energy
* Solar Cooling
* Solar Fuel Cells
* Solar Thermal Energy
* Solar-powered Vehicles
* Thin Film Batteries
* Applications in Economics
* Applications in Agriculture
* Applications in Environment
* Applications in Home Construction
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* D. Adikaari â€“ University of Surrey, United Kingdom
* M. S. Alaee â€“ University of Tehran, Iran
* I. Al-Bahadly â€“ Massey University, New Zealand
* M. Al-Dabbagh â€“ International Power Consulting and Training, Australia
* M. Al-Nimr â€“ Jordan University of Technology, Jordan
* L. Aye â€“ University of Melbourne, Australia
* T. Bak â€“ University of Western Sydney, Australia
* G. Bakos â€“ Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
* A. Barnett â€“ University of Delaware, USA
* J. C. BernÃ¨de â€“ University of Nantes, France
* M. Bojic â€“ University of Kragujevac, Serbia
* M. Bouaicha â€“ CRTEN, Tunisia
* G. Calogero â€“ National Research Council, Italy
* D. Carroll â€“ Wake Forrest University, USA
* J. Choi â€“ Chungbuk National University, Korea
* S. Chungpaibulpatana â€“ Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thailand
* M. Cordeiro â€“ University of TrÃ¡s-os-Montes and Alto Douro, Portugal
* A. Darmand â€“ University of Technology, Jamaica
* D. Dionysiou â€“ University of Cincinnati, USA
* N. Ertugrul â€“ University of Adelaide, Australia
* J. Etcheverry â€“ York university, Canada
* S. Fafard â€“ Cyrium Technologies Incorporated, Canada
* B. Fahlman â€“ Central Michigan University, USA
* E. Fuchs â€“ University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
* Ã–. GÃ¶l â€“ University of South Australia, Australia
* C. Grimes â€“ Pennsylvania State University, USA
* Z. Hanzelka â€“ AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
* J. A. Johnson â€“ University of Tennessee Space Institute, USA
* A. Kalam â€“ Victoria University, Australia
* A. M. Khambadkone â€“ National University of Singapore, Singapore
* A. J. Lennon â€“ University of New South Wales, Australia
* D. C. Martins â€“ Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil
* M. Matei â€“ University Valahia of Targoviste, Romania
* X. Mathew â€“ National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico
* S. K. Mazumder â€“ University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
* S. Meo â€“ University of Naples Federico II, Italy
* P. Niklas â€“ Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
* O. Onay â€“ Anadolu University, Turkey
* D. Pacifici â€“ Brown University, USA
* J. Peracaula â€“ Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
* A. Pigazo â€“ University of Cantabria, Spain
* G. Redlarski â€“ Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
* Z. Salameh â€“ University of Massachusetts-Lowell, USA
* R. Schropp â€“ Utrecht University, Netherlands
* K. Sheng â€“ Rutgers University, USA
* P. Shipkovs â€“ Latvian Academy of Sciences, Latvia
* A. Slaui â€“ Institute d'Electronique du Solide, France
* O. Soares â€“ Polytechnic Institute of BraganÃ§a, Portugal
* E. Stathatos â€“ University of Patras, Greece
* N. Tansu â€“ Lehigh University, USA
* Z. A. Vale â€“ Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal
* E. van Dyk â€“ Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa
* J. Vittek â€“ University of Zilina, Slovakia
* S. Wilkinson â€“ University of South Florida, USA
* L. Zhang â€“ Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-700.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by March 26, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by May 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by May 24, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by June 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to email@example.com. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by March 26, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by March 26, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-700.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due March 26, 2010
Notification of Acceptance May 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due May 24, 2010
Registration Deadline June 1, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ SOE 2010
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org