The IASTED International Conference on Antennas, Radar and Wave Propagation (ARP 2010)
|Event Date/Time: Nov 01, 2010||End Date/Time: Nov 03, 2010|
|Registration Date: Sep 03, 2010|
The IASTED International Conference on
Antennas, Radar and Wave Propagation
November 1 â€“ 3, 2010
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
The IASTED International Conference on Antennas, Radar and Wave Propagation (ARP 2010) will be a major forum for international researchers and professionals to present their latest research, results, and ideas in all areas of antennas, radar, and wave propagation. ARP 2010 aims to strengthen relations between industry, research laboratories, and universities. All papers submitted to this conference will be double blind reviewed by at least two reviewers. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality and contribution.
ARP 2010 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Robotics and Applications (RA 2010)
* Nanotechnology and Applications (NANA 2010)
* Biotechnology (BioTech 2010)
Staying at the luxurious Le MÃ©ridien Cambridge places you in an excellent position to enjoy Cambridge and Boston, two of the most culturally rich and historic cities in the United States. All of Cambridge embodies the diversity and vitality that come from being home to Harvard and MIT, two of the world's most respected academic institutions. No surprise then that in Cambridge you will find the highest per capita number of bookstores in the world. What you might not expect is the vibrant mix of cultures evident in the wealth of adventurous dining, art, and music choices. On the streets or in lounges you are likely to hear melodious Andean pipes, scintillating jazz, and the panoramic tones of the steel drum. Cross the Charles River into Boston and within minutes you can be checking out Van Gogh originals at the Museum of Fine Arts, aquatic wonders at the New England Aquarium, or Feneuil Hall, a 250-year old marketplace where every day is a festival of delights! Check out these sites for more information about Cambridge and surrounding areas:
* Le MÃ©ridien Cambridge
* Cambridge Office for Tourism
The topics of interest to be covered by ARP 2010 include, but are not limited to:
ANTENNAS AND ANTENNA ARRAYS
* Antenna-Coupled Infrared Detectors
* Beam Scanning Capability
* Fractal Element Antennas
* MEMS Components
* Micro Machined Monolithic Antennas
* Micro Strip Antennas
* Performance Evaluation
* Phased-Array Antennas
* Photonics in Antenna Systems
* Reflector Antennas
* Smart Antennas
* Channel Modelling
* Finite Element Analysis
* Meshing Strategy
* Method of Moments
* Multipole Methods
* Propagation Modelling
* Scattering and Inverse Scattering Problems
* Wavelet-based Methods
MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES
* Band-Gap Structures
* Electromagnetic Properties of Materials
* Microwave Materials
* Periodic Structures
* RF Circuit Components
* Biological Effects
* Instruments and Techniques for Measuring Impedance
* Scattering Parameters
* Beam Forming
* Chaotic Signal Radar
* Detection and Target ID Algorithms
* MTI Radar
* Multiple Hypothesis Tracking
* Radar Imaging
* SAR / ISAR
* Signal Processing
* Super-Resolution Algorithms
* Atmospheric Effects on Propagation
* Audio Propagation in Cellular Networks
* Propagation in Earth-Space and Deep Space Environments
* Propagation in Indoor and Industrial Environments
* Propagation in Suburban and Urban Environments
* Scattering, Diffraction and Diversity
* Wave Penetration
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* F. Ahmad â€“ Villanova University, USA
* K. AlSobhi â€“ Intel, USA
* M. Ayatollahi â€“ Research in Motion Ltd. , Canada
* E. Bahar â€“ University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
* B. Chambers â€“ University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
* C. H. Chan â€“ City University of Hong Kong, PR China
* H. C. Chang â€“ National Taiwan University, Taiwan
* Q. Chen â€“ Tohoku University, Japan
* X. Chen â€“ Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom
* M. D'Amico â€“ Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* S. Deosarkar â€“ Dr. B A Technological University, India
* A. Eldek â€“ Jackson State University, USA
* I. Frigyes â€“ Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
* Y. X. Guo â€“ National University of Singapore, Singapore
* L. GÃ¼rel â€“ Bilkent University, Turkey
* D. Heberling â€“ RWTH Aachen University, Germany
* H. Hu â€“ Harbin Institute of Technology, PR China
* G. Jandieri â€“ Georgian Technical University, Georgia
* M. Kartal â€“ Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
* J. F. Kiang â€“ National Taiwan University, Taiwan
* D. M. Klymyshyn â€“ University of Saskatchewan, Canada
* V. F. Kravchenko â€“ Kotel'nikov Institute of Radio Engineering and Electronics of RAS, Russia
* V. Kvicera â€“ Czech Metrology Institute, Czech Republic
* S. Laxpati â€“ University of Illinois, USA
* J. F. Lee â€“ Ohio State University, USA
* L. W. Li â€“ National University of Singapore, Singapore
* H. Ling â€“ University of Texas at Austin, USA
* E. Marengo â€“ Northeastern University, USA
* R. Mehmood â€“ Swansea University, United Kingdom
* A. S. Mohan â€“ University of Technology, Australia
* J. Morgado â€“ Instituto de TelecomunicaÃ§Ãµes, Portugal
* S. Noghanian â€“ University of North Dakota, USA
* C. Pichot â€“ French National Centre of Scientific Research, France
* Z. Popovic â€“ University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
* D. V. Rogers â€“ Communications Research Centre, Canada
* S. Safavi-Naeini â€“ University of Waterloo, Canada
* M. Salehi â€“ Shiraz University of Technology, Iran
* E. Semouchkina â€“ The Pennsylvania State University, USA
* P. Sewell â€“ Univ. of Nottingham, United Kingdom
* V. Shalaev â€“ Purdue University, USA
* J. D. Shin â€“ Soongsil University, Korea
* S. E. Sussman-Fort â€“ EDO Corporation, USA
* A. Tahat â€“ PSUT, Jordan
* C. W. Tang â€“ National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
* M. Tariqul â€“ Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
* J. H. Tarng â€“ National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
* M. Tentzeris â€“ Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
* I. Tigelis â€“ University of Athens, Greece
* Z. Wu â€“ University of Manchester, United Kingdom
* M. C. Yagoub â€“ University of Ottawa, Canada
* V. Yakovlev â€“ Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
* K. Yasumoto â€“ Kyushu University, Japan
* A. F. Zain â€“ Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia
* Q. Zeng â€“ Communications Research Centre Canada, Canada
* W. X. Zhang â€“ Southeast University, PR China
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-705.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by July 1, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by August 15, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by September 1, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by September 3, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to email@example.com. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by July 1, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by July 1, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-705.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due July 1, 2010
Notification of Acceptance August 15, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due September 1, 2010
Registration Deadline September 3, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ ARP 2010
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org