2010 Americas Annual Survey of LC Law & Practice (2010 Americas LC Sur)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 11, 2010||End Date/Time: Mar 12, 2010|
|Registration Date: Mar 10, 2010|
The Annual Survey provides the ultimate forum for the exchange of practical information and views on LCs. Each topic is moderated by one of the world's top experts and referred to the panel of experts for an interactive discussion in which audience participation is strongly encouraged.
Current problems and issues are openly aired in a direct exchange between industry leaders, offering analysis and educational opportunities through this intimate format.
Issues to be Covered in 2010:
* Presentation of Documents
o What if documents were sent to the wrong office of the issuer/guarantor?
o What if the documents, having been received, are misplaced or misdirected by the office that receives them?
o Is the delivery to the wrong place a discrepancy?
o Has there been a presentation?
o Need a notice of refusal be given?
o From what time?
* Can an issuer or guarantor waive procedural requirements, in writing or orally, such as how, where, to whom, and the number of copies regarding required documents? Or is an amendment required? Can documentary requirements be waived similarly? If procedural requirements can and documentary cannot, what is the difference?
* What is the effect of an arbitration clause in an underlying contract with respect to claims on the LC such as seeking an injunction or claiming wrongful dishonor?
* Creeping Exceptions to the Independence Principle Around the World: Good Faith, Unconscionability, and related doctrines.
* Complications as to when the notice of refusal must be given.
* Is a nominated bank that negotiates discrepant documents prevented from asserting that it has negotiated when the beneficiary cures the documents before (or after) they have been forwarded to the issuer?