Creating a Restorative Justice Model on your Campus
Venue: Online Webcast
|Event Date/Time: Jun 02, 2010||End Date/Time: Jun 04, 2010|
Join us online to learn how you can implement a restorative justice process for your student conduct program. You will learn the philosophies, goals, and processes of restorative justice, as well as several models that can be implemented on your campus.
Session I will focus on:
* How to define key principles and values of restorative justice
* Possible campus uses of restorative justice and its cooperative vs. adversarial nature
* The process of restorative justice
CSAOs, directors of student judicial affairs, student conduct and student conflict resolution programs, resident directors, area directors, and directors of residence life that have little or no understanding of restorative justice concepts and principles will benefit from this program. This session will focus on philosophy and overview of restorative justice over implementation considerations.
Session II will focus on:
* Planning and implementing a restorative justice program to fit your campus
* Seeking stakeholder buy-in
* Identifying campus and community partners to use as volunteer facilitators and learning what it takes to train them
CSAOs, directors of student judicial affairs, student conduct and student conflict resolution programs, resident directors, area directors, and directors of residence life will benefit from this "how to" program.