ESF-COST High-Level Research Conference: Future Internet and Society: A Complex Systems Perspective (ESF-COST High-Level )
Venue: Hotel Villa del Mare
|Event Date/Time: Oct 02, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 07, 2010|
|Registration Date: Jun 01, 2010|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 01, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 01, 2010|
The complexity of the current Internet structure and its future developments cannot be understood without taking a full multi-disciplinary approach. Such an approach must necessarily be based on the science of complex systems, and in particular complex network theory. It must also depend on social sciences and humanities to elucidate the underpinnings of the Internet at a societal and economic level.
This conference will bring together experts in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), social scientists, as well as experts in the area of complex systems They will assess the state-of-the-art, identify new trends and envision future developments in the intertwined domains of future Internet and society.
Topics that will be covered in the conference include:
- Internet topology and modelling
- Complex techno-social networks
- Modelling of collective social behaviour
- Social and human dynamics
- Spreading and epidemics in techno-social systems
- Virtual social systems
- Co-evolution of Internet and society
- Internet as a socio-economical system
- Mobile social networks
- Internet enabled applications and business
- Future Internet as a techno-social system.
We welcome top-level presentations on the most recent results in analysis and modelling, from the point of view of complex systems and other techno-social issues.