Operational Risk Management (PRM03)
Venue: Concorde Hotel Singapore
|Event Date/Time: Mar 25, 2010||End Date/Time: Mar 26, 2010|
|Registration Date: Mar 24, 2010|
* Risk Management is everyoneâ€™s business, not just the CEOâ€™s, CFOâ€™s or CROâ€™s.
* The biggest Risk in Risk Management is NOT seeing the Risk!
* Discussion on the real challenges in implementing enterprise-wide Operational Risk Management and the methods to overcome some of these challenges.
* Gain an insight to various Good Operational Risk Management Practices.
* â€œDirty your Handsâ€ going through a Monte Carlo event simulation process.
* Be introduced to a methodical way of managing Operational Risk from formally defining Operations Processes, to identifying Operational Risks and mitigating these risks, to capturing risk event losses and quantifying Operational Risk losses.
* Be introduced to Frequency Distributions, Severity Distributions and how one can convolute them to obtain joint Frequency-Severity Distributions, and its applications to the quantitative side of operational risk measurement â€“ Value-at-Risk (VaR) and Conditional Value-at-Risk (C-VaR).
* Be introduced to The Basel Capital Accord.
Dr. Jeffrey C. K. Lim
Ph.D., C.Sci., C.Math., FIMA, FRM, PRM, B.Fel.