Intergovernmental relations 2010
Venue: National Convention Centre
|Event Date/Time: Apr 13, 2010||End Date/Time: May 14, 2010|
Featuring a series of presentations from Commonwealth, State and Local Government as well as the third sector, the Intergovernmental Relations Conference will provide attendees with a clearer picture of intergovernmental relations in Australia today as well as ideas on how to manage challenges like policy implementation, monitoring and assessment going forward.
The conference is, in itself, an intergovernmental forum where Commonwealth, State/Territory and Local Governments can get together with academics and third sector representatives to explore how we can work together more effectively and ultimately deliver critical reforms.
What you will take away:
- A greater understanding of intergovernmental relations in Australia today
- Knowledge on how to develop and maintain strong inter-departmental partnerships
- Tools for working effectively beyond commonwealth/state lines
- Strategies for ensuring policies developed through a collaborative approach donâ€™t unravel during the roll out
- A greater-understanding of how policies will be assessed
Who Should Attend?
Senior representatives from Commonwealth, State/Territory and Local Government as well as academic institutions and NGOâ€™s, with responsibility for:
- Intergovernmental relations
- Commonwealth-State relations
- Service Delivery
- Strategy Design and Implementation