Political and Cultural Landscape of Galicia in the European context (DSTTU 2011)
|Event Date/Time: May 15, 2011||End Date/Time: May 17, 2011|
|Registration Date: Mar 01, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Feb 01, 2011|
|Abstract Submission Date: Feb 01, 2011|
|Paper Submission Date: Mar 01, 2011|
The exploration of the cultural heritage of Galicia (Western Ukraine), with particular attention to its relations with Eastern and Western European countries and the strengthening of the integration processes in the region in the political and cultural life of Eastern and Central Europe.
Focuses of the conference
1. Historical and cultural landscape of Galicia in the context of relations between Galicia and Eastern and Central Europe.
2. Galicia in the centre of attention between the Eastern and Western European politics.
3. Educational and cultural initiatives aimed at integrating the region into the corresponding structures of Eastern and Central Europe.
We welcome papers which address the topical issues held in the following sections*:
1. History and Ethnography (focus on European Identity in Galicia, Galician - in Europe: historical and political, ethnic, religious features etc.).
2. Literature and language, music and art and cultural dialogue (focus: Literary interrelations between Galicia and Eastern and Central Europe, Multi-cultural landscape of Galicia, Language issues in the cultural area of Galicia).
3. Education and Social Policy (focus on issues of content and structure of education, Interactive Teaching, The importance of modern information and communication technologies in educational process, Problems of pedagogical training: management, organization and study).
4. Galicia as a political area: Past and Present
*Aiming at a better understanding of the complex situation, the abstracts of all presentations will be correspondingly translated into German, English and Ukrainian and presented to the participants of the conference.
Work of the Conference:
Mornings: lectures and discussions.
Afternoon: Group tours through the most important places of interest and landscapes of the region.
Conference languages: Ukrainian, German, English, Polish, Russian.
Meeting Places: Drohobych and Truskavets
Ivan Franko Drohobych State Teacher Training University (Ukraine)
in cooperation with
â€¢ Ivan Franko Lviv National University (Ukraine)
â€¢ Vienna Pedagogical University (Austria)
â€¢ Hanns Seidel Foundation (Munich)
â€¢ Akademia Polonijna w Czestochowie (Poland)
â€¢ DAAD â€“ German Academic Exchange Service (Kyiv, Ukraine)
â€¢ Austria Embassy in Ukraine (Ukraine)
â€¢ OEAD - Austrian Exchange Service (Ukraine).