|Event Date/Time: Feb 23, 2011|
Conference Date: 24-27.02.2011
1. Definition, classification, diagnosis and epidemiology of prehypertension
2. Progression of hypertension, increased cardiovascular risk, vascular and end organ damage in prehypertension
3. Screening and early diagnosis of prehypertension and subclinical cardiovascular damage.
4. The nervous system and prehypertension
5. Prehypertension and radio metabolic risk cluster: common mechanisms and role of genetics and environments factors.
6. Therapy of prehypertension: Non pharmacological measures and drug therapy, options, novel therapies and cost benefit analysis.
7. Effect of anti hypertensive therapy on glucose tolerance and other companies of the cardio metabolic risk profile
8. Guidelines and policy recommendations regarding prehypertension
Prehypertension definition and epidemiology
Non pharmacologic therapy of prehypertension
Prehypertension and insulin resistance
Cardiovascular consequences of prehypertension
Obesity and prehypertension
Pharmacologic therapy of prehypertension
Mechanism of prehypertension
The nervous system and prehypertension
Evaluation of vascular damage with high blood pressure