Research & Entrepreneurship Day 2010: Engineering Innovation
|Event Date/Time: Apr 30, 2010||End Date/Time: Apr 30, 2010|
R&E Day is a showcase of Stevens advanced technologies, including its array of startup companies and student based research programs. It is also a celebration of the Institutes' focus on entrepreneurship and success in engineering solutions for the betterment of mankind. R&E Day is intended to foster relationships with industry, investors, and researchers who can cooperate in commercializing these exciting new technologies.
Key note speakers for the day include:
Mitchell D. Erickson, Ph.D. Director, Northeast Operations, Science & Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security who will be discussing the DHS, with an emphasis on how technology can keep us secure.
Frank Fawzi, CEO & Chairman, IntelePeer, who will focus on entrepreneurship & innovation as it relates to both academia and industry.
Michael R. Singer, Executive Director, Security Technology, AT&T, will be discussing security and cybersecurity research.
Stevens Spinout Company Presentations:
* Attila Technologies - Software and systems for dynamic multi-network wireless signal concatenation that dramatically increases bandwidth and spans the ever-changing landscape of improved wireless communication.
* ID 8 Systems - Ideation software that employs and active stock market where ideas are traded and embellished through a platform of collaboration.
* CADeyes - Advanced mobile mapping system designed to create dimensionalized site and contour maps, and as-built drawings of both exterior and interior of building structures.
* Seahorse Power - Offshore wave energy company with a patented second-generation technology that triples wave power output versus traditional systems.
* InStream Media - Sophisticated cybersecurity company focused on identifying deceptive text contained in emails, social networking sites, blogs, SMS, advertisements.
Stevens Advanced Research Presentations:
* Mass Spectrometry: A new approach MS ionization that enables sequential GC and LC/MS in one machine without changing sources.
* Surface Enhanced Ramen Spectroscopy: A unique technique that dramatically increases detection sensitivity of minute contaminants in liquid.
* Cognitive Radio Technology: Auto channel switching and network bonding for first responders.
* Bone Scaffold: Enhanced structures and materials that accelerate bone growth.
* Tissue Engineering: A novel approach to enhancing tissue growth.
The Student Technology Pitch Olympics: Student project teams compete for prizes and funding for their senior design project that have true commercial viability. With eleven student teams currently set to present, this event will be extremely insightful and entertaining.
Finally, students host a poster session where visitors can interact with student teams on a host of new technologies developed under the TechnogenesisÂ® program at Stevens that fosters both innovation and entrepreneurship.
This year, R & E Day will also be simulcast, for interested parties that are unable to attend the event. Now, potential industry partners, investors, researchers and alumni from across the world can have a front-row seat for this exciting day presentations and discussions.
For a detailed agenda and much more information about Research & Entrepreneurship, please visit http://www.stevens.edu/ResearchDay/
About Research & Entrepreneurship at Stevens Institute of Technology
The Research Enterprise at Stevens features three National Research Centers of Excellence as well as world-class research centers and facilities focused on Nanotechnology & Multi-scale Systems, Secure Systems and Systems Engineering & Enterprise Management. To learn more, visit http://www.stevens.edu/research/
The Office of Academic Entrepreneurship facilitates entrepreneurial activities at the faculty level and guides them throughout the development process. To learn more, visit http://www.stevens.edu/entrepreneurship/
Stevens Innovations (SI) LLC, a virtual incubator, helps researchers and entrepreneurs turn their ideas into real-world products. SI offers a full range of services from office support and business development, to assistance in raising capital and is in the process of raising its own investment fund to help early stage companies get started. To learn more, visit http://www.stevens.edu/startups/