National Seminar on Human Rights Abuse on Elderly People (HR Elderly STC)
|Event Date/Time: Jul 08, 2010|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 20, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 30, 2010|
The objective of this two days seminar on Human Rights abuse on aged people is intended:-
1, To create awareness as well as generate new ideas on this topic so that the college can plan out some interdisciplinary course in Masters in Social Work Department.
2, The seminar will expose the participants as well as scholars to the acute problems of elderly people who are often the victims of human rights abuse.
3, The seminar also aims at learning through mutual exchange of experiences, imparting new social concerns among public as well as some policy making regarding the elders.
1, Transition from joint family to nucleus family and the elderly concerns
2. Changing society due to globalization and industrialization/urban migration
3. Influence of western culture over Indian traditional culture
4. Changing value system and the intolerance among people
5. Economical and societal despair among elderly persons
6. Misunderstandings between young and the aged at homes, workplaces and society
7. Gender disparities in care for elderly people as well as abuse
8. Non existence of adequate laws to control the problem
9. Transition from affective traditional society to mechanical modern society
10. New vistas in safe-guarding the dignity of elderly people.