POWER PLANTS 2010 (PP2010)
Venue: Hotel \"Zvezda\"
|Event Date/Time: Oct 23, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 26, 2010|
|Registration Date: Aug 20, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 20, 2010|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 15, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 15, 2010|
Scope and Topics
1. Energy resources and sustainable development.(integrated energy policy concerning the sustainable development; characteristics of available energy resources used for power generation by thermal/hydro/wind and other Power Plants in the following period; planning, effective consumption, perspectives and improvement of coal characteristics as the main fuel used in thermal Power Plants);
2. Liberalization of electricity market, impact on energy efficiency and effective operation of Power Plants. (development and operation of the deregulated energy market; energy efficiency of all processes and equipments used for power generation by thermal /hydro/wind and other Power Plants; research and modeling of processes in steam boilers, turbines and other equipment of thermal/hydro/wind and other Power Plants; combined production of heat and power, reliability and availability of facilities and Power Plants; effective utilization and reduction of fuel consumption; optimization of processes, equipment, facilities and whole Power Plants; economic handling of processes; rationalizations and innovations of the production processes; introduction of system of quality);
3. Questions concerning Power Plants life cycle extension and introduction of new clean coal and low carbon power generation technologies and equipments. (policy and instruments for investment in new facilities; diagnostic of equipment conditions and remaining exploitation period, process diagnostic, planning, realization and analysis of revitalization, improvements of mechanical and electrical equipment);
4. Thermal/hydro/wind and other Power Plants exploitation problems (development and application of diagnostic methods and equipment for process monitoring and management; improvement of equipment regarding occurring processes; contemporary production organization, methods and tools for equipment maintenance);
5. Environmental aspects of power generation by thermal/hydro/ wind and other Power Plants (ecological aspects of exploitation and combustion of coal used in power generation; methods, technical and technological solutions and equipment for decreasing SOx, NOx, PM, as well CO2 emission and pollution/degradation of air, waterways and soil caused by Power Plants operation; experience in protection of environment).