The Eleventh IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications ~AIA 2011~ (AIA 2011)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 14, 2011||End Date/Time: Feb 16, 2011|
|Registration Date: Dec 01, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 15, 2010|
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
Prof. Richard Fox
Northern Kentucky University, USA
Program Chair Portrait
The Eleventh IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications (AIA 2011) will This year's conference will act as a major forum for Machine Learning research and applications. It will bring together researchers and practitioners working in the field of theory and practice of computer learning, pattern recognition, inductive and transductive inference, graphical models, neural networks, and neuroscience. These topics are central now in Artificial Intelligence and communication between different groups of people involved in natural and computer learning has become crucial for further progress in AI.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double blind peer reviewed, and acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Innsbruck is nestled in the valley of the Inn River and tucked between the Austrian Alps and the Tuxer mountain range. It has twice hosted the Winter Olympics and is surrounded by the eight ski regions of the Olympic Ski World, including the Stubai Glacier, which offers skiing year round. Climbing the 14th century Stadtturm on Herzog Friedrich Strasse provides a stunning view of the town and the breathtaking scenery that surrounds it. Concerts at Ambras Castle provide listening pleasure in a beautiful renaissance setting. The sturdy medieval houses and sidewalk cafÃ©s of Old Town Innsbruck beckon you to sit for a while and watch people stroll by. With its unique blend of historical, intellectual, and recreational pursuits, Innsbruck offers something for every visitor. AIA 2011 will be held at the world-famous Congress Innsbruck, located in the heart of the city, near the historical quarter.
The topics of interest to be covered by AIA 2011 include, but are not limited to:
* Applications to Bioinformatics
* Data Mining
* Fault Diagnosis
* Financial Forecasting
* Forensic Science
* Genetic Algorithms
* Graphical Models
* Inductive and Transductive Inference
* Intelligent Data Analysis
* Knowledge Discovery
* Learning Theory
* Machine Learning
* Medical Diagnostics
* Model Selection
* Neural Networks
* Pattern Recognition
* Prediction with Expert Advice
* Probabilistic Reasoning
* Target Recognition
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* G. Agre â€“ Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
* P. Aguiar â€“ UNESP â€“ Univ Estadual Paulista, Brazil
* J. Ahmad â€“ Iqra University, Pakistan
* C. Angeli â€“ Technological Institute of Piraeus, Greece
* G. Angelova â€“ Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
* C. Badica â€“ University of Craiova, Romania
* I. Bajla â€“ Institute of Measurement Science, Slovakia
* M. Biehl â€“ University Groningen, The Netherlands
* M. bin Khalid â€“ Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
* M. Block â€“ Free University of Berlin, Germany
* R. Burduk â€“ Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
* A. M. Cheng â€“ University of Houston, USA
* H. Cheng â€“ Yahoo! Inc, USA
* S. Choi â€“ Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea
* V. Colla â€“ Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy
* A. Dourado â€“ University of Coimbra, Portugal
* A. El Rhalibi â€“ Liverpool John Moores University, UK
* F. Esposito â€“ University of Bari, Italy
* J. Fan â€“ University of Wollongong, Australia
* M. Gams â€“ Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
* M. Gaspari â€“ University of Bologna, Italy
* C. Giraud-Carrier â€“ Brigham Young University, USA
* F. Groen â€“ University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
* F. Gurgen â€“ Bogazici University, Turkey
* K. Harbusch â€“ University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
* Y. P. Huang â€“ National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan
* R. Kamimura â€“ Tokai University, Japan
* S. Karamouzis â€“ Regis University, USA
* E. Konrad â€“ Technical University of Berlin, Germany
* D. Kumlander â€“ Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
* R. Lahdelma â€“ Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
* H. Langseth â€“ Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
* B. Ludwig â€“ University of Erlangen-NÃ¼rnberg, Germany
* A. Milani â€“ University of Perugia, Italy
* A. Milella â€“ Italian National Research Council (CNR), Institute of Intelligent Systems for Automation (ISSIA), Italy
* P. A. Mitkas â€“ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
* D. Mladenic â€“ Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
* I. Mocanu â€“ University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
* F. Ogwu â€“ University of Botswana, Botswana
* M. Ojeda-Aciego â€“ University of MÃ¡laga, Spain
* P. Ozturk â€“ Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
* V. Poggioni â€“ University of Perugia, Italy
* G. Reina â€“ University of Salento, Italy
* I. Rojas Ruiz â€“ University of Grenada, Spain
* J. Rossiter â€“ University of Bristol, UK
* S. H. Rubin â€“ Spawar Systems Center, USA
* R. Salomon â€“ University of Rostock, Germany
* J. Sauer â€“ University of Oldenburg, Germany
* E. Schikuta â€“ University of Vienna, Austria
* F. M. Schleif â€“ University of Bielefeld, Germany
* L. Sheremetov â€“ Mexican Petroleum Institute, Mexico
* M. Sigmund â€“ Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
* P. Sosnin â€“ Ulianovsk State Technical University, Russia
* J. Sun â€“ Nova Southeastern University, USA
* R. Sundararajan â€“ GE Global Research, India
* R. Tadeusiewicz â€“ AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
* P. Tino â€“ University of Birmingham, UK
* M. Wozniak â€“ Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
* R. R. Yager â€“ Iona College, USA
* Y. J. Yip â€“ University of Huddersfield, UK
* M. Zhang â€“ Christopher Newport University, USA
* X. Zhu â€“ Florida Atlantic University, USA
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-717.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by September 15, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by November 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by November 15, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by December 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to email@example.com. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due September 15, 2010
Notification of Acceptance November 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due November 15, 2010
Registration Deadline December 1, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ AIA 2011
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org