The Tenth IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering ~SE 2011~ (SE 2011)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 15, 2011||End Date/Time: Feb 17, 2011|
|Registration Date: Dec 01, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 15, 2010|
The Tenth IASTED International Conference on
February 15 â€“ 17, 2011
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
The Tenth IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering (SE 2011) will provide a forum for in-depth and substantive discussion on the emerging technologies and methodologies being developed to overcome the challenges that exist in all areas of software engineering. All papers submitted to this conference will be double blind reviewed by at least two reviewers. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality and contribution. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
SE 2011 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Artificial Intelligence and Applications (AIA 2011)
* Modelling, Identification, and Control (MIC 2011)
* Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN 2011)
* Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Applications (SPPRA 2011)
* Computer Graphics and Imaging (CGIM 2011)
* Biomedical Engineering (Biomed 2011)
Innsbruck is nestled in the valley of the Inn River and tucked between the Austrian Alps and the Tuxer mountain range. It has twice hosted the Winter Olympics and is surrounded by the eight ski regions of the Olympic Ski World, including the Stubai Glacier, which offers skiing year round. Climbing the 14th century Stadtturm on Herzog Friedrich Strasse provides a stunning view of the town and the breathtaking scenery that surrounds it. Concerts at Ambras Castle provide listening pleasure in a beautiful renaissance setting. The sturdy medieval houses and sidewalk cafÃ©s of Old Town Innsbruck beckon you to sit for a while and watch people stroll by. With its unique blend of historical, intellectual, and recreational pursuits, Innsbruck offers something for every visitor. SE 2011 will be held at the world-famous Congress Innsbruck, located in the heart of the city, near the historical quarter.
The topics of interest to be covered by SE 2011 include, but are not limited to:
* Agile Software Development
* Communication Software and Protocols
* Cooperative Work Support
* Copyright Issues
* Data Mining
* Fault Tolerance
* Graphical User Interfaces
* Human Computer Interaction
* Internet Computing (JAVA, CORBA, XML)
* Mobile and Wireless Computing
* Model-Driven Development
* Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
* Programming Tools and Languages
* Project Management
* Quality Assurance
* Semantic Web
* Service Engineering
* Software Agents
* Software Algorithms
* Software Architectures
* Software Design and Development
* Software Engineering
* Software Evaluation
* Software for Parallel and Distributed Systems
* Software Maintenance
* Software Methodologies
* Software Metrics
* Software Performance Engineering
* Software Requirements
* Software Testing
* Software Tools
* The Internet and Intranet
* Verification and Validation
* Web-based Software Engineering
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* J. C. Amaro Ferreira â€“ ISEL, Portugal
* P. Ardimento â€“ University of Bari, Italy
* A. Bianchi â€“ University of Bari, Italy
* I. Bluemke â€“ Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
* D. Caivano â€“ University of Bari, Italy
* H. K. Dai â€“ Oklahoma State University, USA
* D. Dalcher â€“ Middlesex University, UK
* V. Deufemia â€“ University of Salerno, Italy
* G. A. Di Lucca â€“ University of Sannio , Italy
* O. Dieste â€“ Universidad PolitÃ©cnica de Madrid, Spain
* D. Frosch-Wilke â€“ University of Applied Sciences Kiel, Germany
* I. Garcia â€“ Technological University of the Mixtec Region, Mexico
* W. Golubski â€“ Zwickau University of Applied Sciences, Germany
* T. Kapus â€“ University of Maribor, Slovenia
* J. Koskinen â€“ University of JyvÃ¤skylÃ¤, Finland
* L. Kotulski â€“ AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
* H. Leung â€“ Hong Kong Polytechnic University, PR China
* A. Nadeem â€“ Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Pakistan
* M. Oudshoorn â€“ Montclair State University, USA
* P. Petrov â€“ Fadata AD, Bulgaria
* W. Retschitzegger â€“ University of Linz, Austria
* M. A. Sicilia â€“ University of AlcalÃ¡, Spain
* S. Takada â€“ Keio University, Japan
* C. Tjortjis â€“ University of Western Macedonia & University of Ioannina, Greece
* A. Toptsis â€“ York University, Canada
* P. Tuma â€“ Charles University, Czech Republic
* M. Yamamoto â€“ Hosei University, Japan
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-720.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by September 15, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by November 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by November 15, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by December 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to email@example.com. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by September 15, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by September 15, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-720.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due September 15, 2010
Notification of Acceptance November 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due November 15, 2010
Registration Deadline December 1, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ SE 2011
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org