The Eighth IASTED International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Applicatio (SPPRA 2011)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 16, 2011||End Date/Time: Feb 18, 2011|
|Registration Date: Dec 01, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 15, 2010|
The Eighth IASTED International Conference on
Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Applications
February 16 â€“ 18, 2011
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
The Eighth IASTED International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Applications (SPPRA 2011) will This conference is an international forum for researchers and practitioners interested in the advances in, and applications of, signal processing and pattern recognition. It is an opportunity to present and observe the latest research, results, and ideas in these areas. All papers submitted to this conference will be double blind reviewed by at least two reviewers. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality and contribution. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
SPPRA 2011 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Artificial Intelligence and Applications (AIA 2011)
* Modelling, Identification, and Control (MIC 2011)
* Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN 2011)
* Software Engineering (SE 2011)
* Computer Graphics and Imaging (CGIM 2011)
* Biomedical Engineering (Biomed 2011)
Innsbruck is nestled in the valley of the Inn River and tucked between the Austrian Alps and the Tuxer mountain range. It has twice hosted the Winter Olympics and is surrounded by the eight ski regions of the Olympic Ski World, including the Stubai Glacier, which offers skiing year round. Climbing the 14th century Stadtturm on Herzog Friedrich Strasse provides a stunning view of the town and the breathtaking scenery that surrounds it. Concerts at Ambras Castle provide listening pleasure in a beautiful renaissance setting. The sturdy medieval houses and sidewalk cafÃ©s of Old Town Innsbruck beckon you to sit for a while and watch people stroll by. With its unique blend of historical, intellectual, and recreational pursuits, Innsbruck offers something for every visitor. SPPRA 2011 will be held at the world-famous Congress Innsbruck, located in the heart of the city, near the historical quarter.
The topics of interest to be covered by SPPRA 2011 include, but are not limited to:
* Ocean Engineering
* Remote Sensing
* 3D and Range Data Analysis
* Computational Geometry
* Content-based Retrieval
* Geometric and Morphologic Analysis
* Neural Network Applications
* Stereo Vision
* Image Database Indexing
* Image Processing
* Image Sequence Processing
* Image Synthesis
* Medical Image Analysis
* Pattern Recognition
* Segmentation and Representation
Image Recognition, Coding, and Compression
* Color and Texture
* Handwriting, Shape, and Document Analysis
* Illumination Models
* Image Coding
* Image Enhancement
* Object Recognition and Motion
* Rendering Algorithms and Systems
* Restoration and Retrieval
* Text Recognition
* Volume Rendering
* Applications in Copyright Control
* Data Security
* Digital Watermarking
* Identification and Certification
Algorithms and Techniques
* Architecture and Implementation
* Discrete Cosine Transform
* Fourier Transform
* Fuzzy Logic
* Hilbert Transform
* Neural Networks for Signal Processing
Audio and Video
* Audio and Electro Acoustics
* Speech Processing
* Video Technology
Detection and Estimation
* Estimation of Signal Parameters
* Motion Detection
* Segmentation and Representation
* Adaptive Filtering
* Filter Designs and Structures
* FIR and IIR Filters
* Signal Reconstruction Using Filters
Signal Analysis and Processing
* Digital Signal Processing
* Mobile Signal Processing
* Multidimensional Signal Processing
* Nonlinear DSP
* Statistical Signal Processing
* Time-Frequency Signal Analysis
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* A. Achim â€“ University of Bristol, UK
* M. Aladjem â€“ Ben-Gurion University, Israel
* A. Al-Taani â€“ Yarmouk University, Jordan
* I. Andreadis â€“ Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
* E. Binaghi â€“ DICOM - University of Insubria, Italy
* M. Ceccarelli â€“ University of Sannio, Italy
* W. K. Cham â€“ Chinese University of Hong Kong, PR China
* F. Cointault â€“ AgroSup Dijon, France
* C. Cusano â€“ University of Milan - Bicocca, Italy
* E. Doicaru â€“ University of Craiova, Romania
* A. ErÃ§il â€“ Sabanci University, Turkey
* P. Georgieva â€“ University of Aveiro, Portugal
* C. Grecos â€“ University of West of Scotland, Scotland
* L. Journaux â€“ AgroSup Dijon, France
* M. Kampel â€“ Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* H. N. Kim â€“ Pusan National University, Korea
* R. Koch â€“ University of Kiel, Germany
* W. Kubinger â€“ University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria
* A. Kuijper â€“ Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
* S. Kwong â€“ City University of Hong Kong, PR China
* H. Lei â€“ The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College, USA
* M. Li â€“ Nanjing University, PR China
* L. Mihaylova â€“ Lancaster University, UK
* M. Milanova â€“ University of Arkansas at Little Rock, USA
* M. Petrou â€“ Imperial College London, UK
* A. Pinho â€“ University of Aveiro, Portugal
* B. Psenicka â€“ National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico
* P. Radeva â€“ University of Barcelona, Spain
* R. Sablatnig â€“ Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* R. Sitte â€“ Griffith University, Australia
* M. Sliskovic â€“ SEW-EURODRIVE GmbH & Co KG, Germany
* U. Stilla â€“ Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
* A. Uhl â€“ UniversitÃ¤t Salzburg, Austria
* C. Vogel â€“ Graz University of Technology, Austria
* H. Wang â€“ Tongji University, China
* W. L. Woo â€“ Newcastle University, UK
* H. R. Wu â€“ Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
* W. Y. Wu â€“ I-Shou University, Taiwan
* L. Yaroslavsky â€“ Tel Aviv University, Israel
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-721.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by September 15, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by November 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by November 15, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by December 1, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by September 15, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to email@example.com by September 15, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by September 15, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-721.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due September 15, 2010
Notification of Acceptance November 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due November 15, 2010
Registration Deadline December 1, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat â€“ SPPRA 2011
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org