6th International Conference on the Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology (RAA2011)
Venue: Aula Magna of the University
|Event Date/Time: Sep 05, 2011||End Date/Time: Sep 08, 2011|
A non-limitative list of topics includes:
* Material characterization and degradation processes (pigments, inks, new materials, gemstones, stones, precious stones, glass, ceramics, etc.)
* Contamination affecting the cultural heritage (decaying, corrosion, etc.)
* Raman spectroscopy in palaeontology and palaeoenvironment
* New Raman instrumentation and applications (combined with other techniques, imaging and mapping, etc.)
* Chemometrics in Raman spectroscopy
* Raman spectroscopy of biological and organic materials (resins, fibers,â€¦)
* Forensic applications in art and archaeology
* Industrial archaeology
* Other topics
RAA conferences have a long tradition, starting in London (2001), and following in Ghent (2003), Paris (2005), Modena (2007) and Bilbao (2009).
The congress will be held in the Aula Magna of the historical building of the University of Parma, in the heart of the city.