Conference on Clinical Trials Asia Summit 2010
Venue: Taj Residency (M.G. Road)
|Event Date/Time: Aug 19, 2010||End Date/Time: Aug 20, 2010|
CTAS 2010 will examine the current issues faced in clinical trials operations, addressing the risks, timeline and budget stipulations, while effectively tackling key challenges in overcoming trials agreement and site contract arbitration problems. This summit will discuss the operational element of trial site management, strategic partnership with CROs and SMOs, patient, talent & investigators management in order to improve & optimise the overall drug development effectiveness and ROI. Discover on how to implement and benefit from electronic data management & monitoring cost effectively. This conference will be shared by leading industrial practitioners across the region to promote practical discussions; especially on the know-how to manage needs, variability of different countries and institutions to enhance clinical operational excellence and vigilance. Attendees will have the chance to learn, network and benchmark against the global top pharmas and local industry leaders on the best practices in talent, site, budget and performance management in clinical trials. The conference aims to provide a detailed analysis of what it takes to conduct clinical trials from a biopharmaceuticals and vaccines perspective in India and China and also addressing risk/benefit balance, anecdotal experiences of the multinational pharmaceutical industry in India and China, selection and role of CROs, logistics of operations, clinical trials management, government policies and pharmacovigilance.
CTAS 2010 will provide you with the data that you need to recognize this complex and rapidly-expanding sector. Knowing the future market, and what impact will that have on future business opportunities? This is your opportunity to stay ahead by learning the latest trends and networking with the trend setters.
It gives us immense pleasure in welcoming you to the Clinical Trials Asia Summit â€™2010.
Key Speakers Include:
* Akhilesh Sharma, Vice President & Global head Clinical management & Global Pharmacovigilance, Dr. Reddyâ€™s
* Bakulesh Khamar, Executive Director â€“ Research, Cadila
* Shailesh Mehta, Director Clinical R&D and Med Affairs, South Asia, Glaxosmithkline
* S.K.Bhattacharya, Medical Officer, Depart of Communicable Diseases, WHO (World Health Organisation)
* Shashidhar Rao, India Operations Head (IID and IA&R), Novartis
* Deven Parmar, Vice President - Clinical Research & Pharamacovigilance, Wockhardt
* Mohan Bangalore , Senior Director & Site Head, Pfizer
* Arun Bhatt, President, Clininvent Research
* Yamin â€™Moâ€™ Khan, Executive Vice President, Clinical Development, Pharma-Olam (U.K)
* Parminder Kaur, Managing Director, RegPak BioPharma Consulting, (Netherlands)
* Deepti Sanghavi, Medical Advisor - Clinicla Research, Wockhardt Limited
* Roopa Basrur, Associate Director - Clinical Writing and Document Quality, Pfizer
* Larisa Nagra Singh, Senior Director Clinical Operations, Asia Pacific, ICON Clinical Research
* Marcus Hompesch, President â€“ CEO, Profil Institute - Clinical Research, (USA)
* Milind Antani, Head-Pharma LifeSciences group, Nishith Desai Associates
* Sanjay Zodpey, Director, Indian Institute of Public Health
* Darshan Bhatt, Consultant, Patient Safety and Pharmacovigilance
* Mala Srivastava, Partner, Nextvel Consulting
* R Ezhil Arasan, Managing Director, VRE Research Laboratories (Former Head of Medical Affairs & Differentiated Products Development at Dr.Reddy's)
Key Themes Discussed at this Summit:
* Current trends of clinical trials environment
* How can you take advantage of the global market for clinical trials?
* Discovering technologies and strategies for successful clinical trial management
* Analyzing the successes and challenges of Phase I and Phase II clinical trials
* Setting up clinical trial research hub & techniques for applying risk management principles.
* Discover how to improve your supplier-client relationships
* Complete trials on schedule & budget by overcoming hurdles in investigator/patient recruitment
* Avoiding potential pitfalls of trials agreement
* Gather the latest regulatory updates impacting global and Indian clinical development
* Explore innovative strategies for outsourcing, what should you be looking for in a CRO?
* Improving and optimizing site management and overall productivity of clinical operations
* Data management, CMC SCM, operational requirements & CRO infrastructure in India & South Asia
* Optimising clinical trials operation effectiveness and ROI through strategic site, patient, data and risk management in the regulated markets
* What are the issues with off-shoring trials to countries such as India & South Asia? â€“ Solutions?
* Working with limited budget to ensure on time study completion
* Motivating and managing clinical project teams to improve timeline and progress
* Exploring the efficacy and safety of new interventions in clinical trials
* Drawing and retaining clinical talent pool to minimise turnover in clinical studies
* Next generation of clinical trials â€“ How big will the market be?
Who Should Attend:
Vice Presidents, Directors Heads & Managers of:
* Clinical Research & Development
* Clinical Research Services
* Clinical Operations
* Clinical Data Management
* Clinical IT
* Clinical Trials
* Medical Affairs
* Regulatory Affairs
* Quality Control/Assurance/GCP
* Clinical Study Design
* Safety Surveillance
* Subject Recruitment
* E-Clinical Systems
* Pharmaceutical Organisations
* Generic pharmaceutical companies
* Contract Research Organisations
* Patient Recruitment Companies
* Government- Department of Health
* Non-profit Organisations/Association
Why Should you Attend:
Clinical Trials Asia Summit 2010 - "Improving clinical practice & trial success rates with improved technologies, strategies & alliance management"
Get more from the event, with a broader scope bringing the whole communications value chain together. Enjoy and make the best out of our dedicated networking drinks time, meet the leading international vendorsExpand your knowledge of the latest business models and technologies in the high-level conference. showcasing the technology of tomorrow in the co-located exhibition.