Future Mortar Systems 2010
Venue: Hilton London Olympia Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Nov 29, 2010||End Date/Time: Nov 30, 2010|
Why launch Future Mortar Systems now?
* Urgent Operational Requirements in Afghanistan have highlighted the current need for responsive fire support when artillery and air assets are deemed impractical on logistical grounds
* Additionally, recent advancements in precision-guidance technology have hugely improved the employability of mortars in fire support missions where collateral damage is a major concern, and of course reduced the logistical footprint
The result has been a huge increase in interest in the capability that a mortar system can provide for a ground commander and a burst of activity in the research and development lines of major contractors.
Evidently, the evolving role of the Mortar is of paramount importance to Infantryâ€™s globally. This conference aims to examine all the key issues in the area, answering a number of pertinent questions currently being asked:
* What role do mortars currently play within fire support and how is this role evolving?
* How are mortars presently being deployed operationally, and what can be learnt from such feedback?
* Currently, how employable are precision guidance for mortars what is a feasible timescale for this capability to be delivered?
* Just how important is it to place network mortar fires within the digitised battlespace and in target acquisition?