19th International Conference on Modelling, Monitoring and Management of Air Pollution (Air Pollution 2011)
|Event Date/Time: Sep 19, 2011||End Date/Time: Sep 21, 2011|
Technology constantly brings new products to the consumers and with this comes the possibility of creating new contaminants. This development constantly demands research in the field of air pollution in order to better understand, prevent, or bring to acceptable levels, new pollution sources. The process of defining acceptable levels is demanding new research to understand better the impact of long term exposure to various pollutants, or mixtures where separate components can have synergistic effects. Improved knowledge of the effect of pollutants on human health forces periodic review of the regulations for air quality and emissions. Further research for improving monitoring and detection technology is required in order to be able to verify that the current regulations for air quality are satisfied, and to identify areas where further improvements are required.
The goal of this conference is to bring together researchers who are active in the study of air contaminants and to exchange information through the presentation and discussion of papers dealing with the wide variety of topics described below. Case study papers are encouraged. Papers of a more theoretical nature, dealing with advanced mathematical and computational methods, will also be within the scope of the conference.
Conference topics include;
- Air pollution modelling
- Air quality management
- Urban air management
- Emissions studies
- Monitoring and measuring
- Global and regional studies
- Aerosols and particles
- Climate change and air pollution
- Indoor air pollution
- Pollution prevention
- Economics of air pollution control
- Innovative technologies
- Emission reduction strategies
- Health effects
- Natural emissions
Benefits of attending;
- Conference papers are peer-reviewed by members of the International Scientific Advisory Committee and other colleagues. Papers are rapidly processed for publication in hard-cover and digital book form. The books are available to delegates at registration and are also widely distributed throughout the world by WITPress.
- Papers are also available in digital format to the international scientific community through the Wessex Institute eLibrary http://library.witpress.com
- Papers presented at Wessex Institute conferences appear regularly in notable reviews, publications and databases.
- The opportunity to present your research within a unique forum and collaborate with experts from around the world.
Delegates attending Air Pollution 2011 will be invited to submit an expanded version of their paper for publication in the International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, associated with the Wessex Institute of Technology.