Finding The Missing Piece: Meeting peoples needs at the end of life (FMISS)
Venue: Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
|Event Date/Time: Oct 14, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 14, 2010|
This is the second conference in NCPCâ€™s â€œThe Missing Pieceâ€ programme on spiritual support and follows a highly successful opening event in March. We will use this conference to launch a discussion document on spiritual support in end of life care and identify practical next steps that can be taken to improve spiritual support at the end of life. The conference is supported by FaithAction â€“ www.faithaction.net
Delegates will receive a free copy of the new publication.
This conference will:
* Present on the current evidence about spiritual support in end of life care
* Provide practical guidance about meeting peopleâ€™s spiritual support needs
* Consider the provision of spiritual support in different settings
* Launch a new publication on spiritual support at the end of life
Who should attend?
All those with an interest in ensuring that peopleâ€™s spiritual care needs at the end of life are assessed and met as part of an integrated and holistic approach to end of life care. This will include:
* Service managers
* Spiritual and faith group leaders
* Doctors, nurses, social workers and psychologists working in end of life care
* People at or approaching the end of life, their carers and relatives