Corporate Governance for Law Firms
Venue: Holborn Bars
|Event Date/Time: Aug 26, 2010||End Date/Time: Aug 26, 2010|
* Understand corporate governance and its key components
* Gain insights into what effective corporate governance entails
* Learn about the roles and responsibilities of the key players
* Bring yourself up to date with the June 2010 UK Corporate Governance Code (which supersedes the Combined Code)
* Benchmark your governance arrangements against those of leading UK companies
With the advent of the Legal Services Act, law firms could become investment or takeover targets and their governance practices may be subject to intense scrutiny. A good grasp of the corporate governance standards expected of listed companies would enable your firm to position itself to guard against threats and exploit any business opportunities that may arise.
This interactive Masterclass will provide you with a practical introduction to effective corporate governance. It will enable you to benchmark your firmâ€™s current governance arrangements against best practice in the corporate world so you can respond accordingly.