Monitoring & evaluating to improve NRM outcomes
|Event Date/Time: Nov 09, 2010||End Date/Time: Nov 10, 2010|
|Registration Date: Oct 08, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 03, 2010|
Monitoring and evaluating is a fundamental part of any NRM program cycle and essential for understanding the overall condition of our natural resources.
Being able to reflect on the data we gather and decide what action needs to be taken is crucial to ensuring we make informed program decisions to improve our resource conditions and investment outcomes.
Identifying common goals and indicators are the first steps towards a unified approach to a process of M&E that allows us to understand our resource conditions on a national scale, and determine a return on investment. Unfortunately, NRM regions, State and Federal Governments continue to operate in silos with no consistent approach for applying effective M&E processes.
The Monitoring & Evaluating to Improve NRM Outcomes conference will explore the current landscape of M&E activity across NRM regions, State and Federal departments and the research communities. It will also bring together the key players required to work towards a national framework for environmental information standards.
Be a part of the discussion on how to:
- Apply effective M&E strategies
- Improve NRM program investment decisions
- Integrate and progress M&E frameworks on a national scale
You will take away:
- An understanding of M&E frameworks in other jurisdictions
- Methodologies to improve your program logic and decision-making
- Future pathways and considerations for environmental monitoring and accounting