SusuIbu.Com International Lactation Conference 2010 (SICONF2010)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 05, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 07, 2010|
|Registration Date: Sep 01, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 15, 2010|
Internationally renowned speakers along with Malaysiaâ€™s own lactation experts form the exceptional list of invited guests who will be present at the conference.
The conference has been approved for the following CERPs:
* Total CERPs allocated: 23.75L & 4.25R CERPs
* IBLCE Approval Number: C21064KL
International Speakers for this conference will be:
* Dr. Jack Newman - world renowned expert on childcare and breastfeeding, author of best selling books such as "Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers"
* Sue Cox - distinguished author, speaker and pioneer in breastfeeding support in Australia. Author of "Breastfeeding with Confidence" and "Baby Magic"
* Diana West - distinguished speaker and author of best selling book "Making More Milk"
Other than Malaysia, we are expecting participants from various countries around the region specifically Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan and Australia.
The conference runs over three days:
Day 1 - will focus on the way babies and breasts are meant to be their unique anatomical and physiological qualities, and the part we play in ensuring they get together for mutual benefit - this is what some people call Mom & Baby Magic! We will also focus on issues surrounding Milk Production, why some women experience low milk supply and how to overcome it.
Day 2 - focuses on the importance of Mother-to-Mother Support in ensuring Breastfeeding Success and discusses
the controversies which surrounds breastfeeding. This will also be THE day whereby participants will be able to meet up with the distinguished authors.
Day 3 â€“ Intensive Workshop with Dr. Jack Newman, Diana West and Sue Cox- will focus on 7 special topics exploring how scientific and current medical practices or protocols influence breastfeeding knowledge and practice. This workshop is especially useful for Health Professionals, Lactation Consultants, Lactation Counselors,
Health professionals and those supporting mothers to breastfeed.