2nd Annual Mobile VAS Summit 2010
Venue: Hotel Shangri-La
|Event Date/Time: Sep 03, 2010|
Today, mobile phones have moved beyond their primary role of voice communications and have graduated to become an essential entertaining device for mobile users. We are in an era where users purchase mobile phones not just to be in touch with people, but use it to express their thoughts, for social networking, to show their interests, send photos, download images, play games, read news, surf on the Internet, listen to music, chat instantly with friends & families, and even check their bank balances. Thanks to value added services that are new and innovative been offered on continuous basis.
Indian telecommunications industry offers one of the lowest tariffs in the world. Given the declining ARPU due to tumbling voice tariffs and increasing competition among operators itâ€™s imperative to focus on alternate revenue streams. Thatâ€™s where there is a felt need for capitalizing on the Value Added Services Market. So, with traditional telecom margins shrinking, it is a no brainer that VAS is going to the game changer. Indian Telcos have realized it and are gunning to get their VAS platforms up and running.
Indiaâ€™s mobile VAS market is projected at US$ 3 billion with revenues driven by mobileâ€“entertainment-themed VAS, including mobile music, games, images, TV and video, which accounts for 29 per cent. Mobile messaging and mobile Internet accounts for 49 per cent and 21 per cent respectively and 1 per cent revenue is generated from other value added services. Looking at the statistics, the mobile VAS industry is certainly looking set to grow and contribute to greater revenues for the operators. Currently, about 9-12% of a telecom operatorâ€™s revenues come from VAS. It is predicted that this will go up to 20-25% in the next three years.
VAS is increasingly a growth area which helps the operator to maximize revenue and grow their ARPU. It is estimated that the Indian VAS market, including messaging, mobile internet, social networking and mobile payments, stood at Rs 16,650 crore in 2009. It is expected to cross Rs 21,940 crore this year. Spoilt by choice and options, mobile phone subscribers are in many ways beginning to choose their operators on the basis of the Value Added Services (VAS) that they offer. The increased importance of VAS has also made content developers burn midnight oil to come up with better and newer concepts and services. For VAS providers, 3G will open up revenue streams not only through richer content but also through advertising. As the traffic builds up, the advertising revenue share is going to change dramatically in the long term. Of the over 550 million handsets in use in India, around 20% are already 3G-enabled, ensuring a market ready for high-speed services.
So, In short, it can be concluded that Mobile VAS industry in India is undergoing a lot of structural changes and is poised to grow and contribute greater revenues to the telecom industry in years to come. Get ready!
This event will gather representatives from leading wireless operators, handset manufacturers, content developers, music & film companies, cartoon artists, game makers , sports, mobile imagery, WAP, wall papers, logos, SMS based contests and streaming audio & video.
It is with great pleasure that we invite you all to the â€œ2nd Annual mobile VAS summit -2010â€ and wish you all the very best.
* Praveen Singhal, Products Head & CTO, Airtel
* Uttam Kumar, Head - New Technology Innovation, Aircel
* Ranjan Banerjee, Head â€“ Strategy & Business Development, Tata Teleservices
* Sachin Gupta, Corporate Marketing - Messaging & USSD (GSM -VAS), Tata Docomo
* Parag Modi, DGM - Corporate Marketing, Idea Cellular
* Sajal Gupta, VP, Aricent
* R. N. Prabhakar, former member, Telecom Regulatory authority of India (TRAI)
* Anand Dalal, VP, Corporate Regulatory Affairs, Tata Teleservices
* Sridhar T. Pai, CEO,Tonse Telecom
* Amit Dev, Co-Founder & Jt. Managing Director, ThreeG TV
* Harsha de Silva, Lead Economist - Project Director, LIRNEasia (Sri Lanka)
* Bharat Bhatia (BB), Regional Director, Asia, Motorola GGA
* Satya N. Gupta, Chief Regulatory Advisor, SAARC Region, BT Global Services
* Anil Prakash, Secretary General, ITU-APT Foundation of India, Secretary General, IPTV India Forum
Key Themes Discussed at this confernce:
* What are the key applications and content that Indian users are willing to pay for?
* Outlining the growth of mobile phone subscribers and ARPU trends in India
* Forecasting revenue growth of mobile VAS and mobile applications in India
* Examining the innovative VAS services which are appealing to Indian customer
* Grabbing the 3G opportunity: regulation, network deployment, business models
* How big is the market for mobile content and entertainment services in India?
* Global marketing strategies in order to incite the user to use advanced data services.
* What are the opportunities for mobile content and mobile app providers in India?
* How do consumers learn of new mobile content services and applications?
* Analysing revenue generating models in mobile internet, advertising, games, LBS, entertainment & banking
* Strategies on boosting the penetration of mobile VAS usage in smaller cities and rural areas.
* Positioning yourself in light of new market entries
* Mobile VAS as a contrivance for improving customer base & brand loyalty.
* Analyzing the worldwide trends in VAS & the lessons for India.
* What is the role of mobile operators in delivering mobile content?
* Expectations from handset manufacturers for introducing innovative mobile VAS service offerings.
* Role of the regulators and their impact in this region.
Who Should Attend the Meeting:
* CEOs, CIOs, CTOs
* Head of Content
* VP/Head of Business Development
* Director of Technology
* Head of Project Management
* Business Strategy Director
* Head of Network Strategy
* VP/Head of Product/Application Development
* VP of Sales & Marketing
* Head of Research & Development
* VP/Head of Portal Strategy
* User Interface Development
* VP Application Development
Target Audience - Industry:
* Telecom Service Providers
* Cellular Service Providers - GSM & CDMA
* VAS Technology & Platform Companies
* Content Aggregators
* Content Owners
* Next Generation Mobile Content Solution Providers
* Telecom Associations & Regulators
* Handset Manufacturers - GSM & CDMA
* Portal Providers
* VAS Consulting and Research Organisations
* Venture Capitalists
* Multimedia Service Providers
* Software Developers
* System Integrators
* Security Providers
* Entertainment & Electronic Media
* Mobile Internet Applications & Solution Developers
* Smart Card Manufacturers
* DoT, DIT, Ministries & Regulatory
* Service Organisations
Why Should You Attend:
2nd Annual Mobile VAS Summit 2010 - â€œProfiting in mobile VAS through ground-breaking strategies, compelling content and innovative business modelsâ€
Get more from the event, with a broader scope bringing the whole communications value chain together. Enjoy and make the best out of our dedicated networking drinks time, meet the leading international vendorsExpand your knowledge of the latest business models and technologies in the high-level conference. showcasing the technology of tomorrow in the co-located exhibition.
To know more about this report & to buy a copy please visit :
Ph : 91-22-40583020
Website : www.visionshopsters.com