Global Breastfeeding Partners Forum (GBPF)
Venue: Bayview Beach Resort
|Event Date/Time: Oct 17, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 19, 2010|
|Registration Date: Oct 17, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: May 31, 2010|
The GBPF is planned over 3 days from 17-19, October, 2010 in Penang, Malaysia.
The first day opens with a celebration and revisit of *â€˜Innocenti 20 yearsâ€*, which will also review global achievements, progress and action around the Innocenti targets, as well as address the gaps and areas still needing attention. This is followed by a two-day technical meeting on the topic *â€œEnabling Mothering: Keeping mothers and babies togetherâ€*, focusing on the expanded BFHI and maternity protection and support for working women.
Please also note that WABA is currently in the process of applying to be a Continuing Education Recognition Points (CERPs) Provider from the IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants) for the GBPF./
WABA warmly welcomes you to this event which involves plenaries, workshops, and more! JOIN US! Get involved in:
* Celebrating, reviewing, and going beyond Innocenti; participate in debates, engage in discussions, network with colleagues old and
new, and get invigorated!
* Attending plenaries that will discuss vital issues, assess political developments, share programmatic and scientific updates, and ethical considerations; as well as contemporary and cross-cutting perspectives (inter-generational, gender, rights, the arts)
* Gaining insights into the work of WABAâ€™s Core Partners, and dialogue with them!
* Learning from international and local experiences of achievements and challenges in promoting, supporting and protecting breastfeeding
* Attending workshops that will focus on issues related to expanded BF(H)I, working women and mother support, and planning for a strengthened network and greater collaboration to advance the common vision, strategic direction and sustainability of the breastfeeding movement
* Dialoguing with the WABA Regional Focal Points and gain insights on the major issues effecting their work via a â€œTalk-showâ€ session.
* Enjoying and participating in a cornucopia of exhibitions, and other networking spaces, as well as the creative-art and fun filled performances!
* Participating in the Global Breastfeeding Quilt initiative (which offers an on-line Quilt building process), and show the world your
creativity, and salutations for the GBPF.