2nd International Conference of Asian Special Libraries (ICoASL 2011)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 10, 2011||End Date/Time: Feb 12, 2011|
|Registration Date: Jan 30, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 10, 2010|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 10, 2010|
|Paper Submission Date: Nov 22, 2010|
The principal objective of ICoASL is to provide a platform for exchange of knowledge and skills relevant to Information Professionals in Asia with a global perspective.
The 2nd ICoASL, a three days conference on â€œBuilding User Trust: The Key to Special Libraries Renaissance in the Digital Eraâ€, will offer an opportunity to put forward innovative plans, debate classic ideas, and promote closer cooperation among colleagues in association with Japan Special Libraries Association (JSLA). It will solicit high quality research papers and provide an international forum for researchers, developers and practitioners to present theoretical research findings together with learning objectives of SLA Click University.
* Ensure that information professionals are aware of the latest developments in the library and information field.
* Increase the activities and role of SLA among library and information professionals in the Asian Region to support the growth of special library professionals.
* Bring together the dispersed special community of the library professionals through a common platform to share experiences.
* Promote special libraries and special library professionals.
* Strengthen academic collaboration and strategic alliances for the development of special libraries.
* Assist special libraries and special library professionals in implementing their development plans
* Facilitate interaction between experts and non-experts to bridge the knowledge gap between developing and developed countries.