Advance Fouling Mitigation Masterclass
Venue: JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur
|Event Date/Time: Sep 30, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 01, 2010|
|Registration Date: Sep 20, 2010|
Thie is a unique workshop for petroleum fouling mitigation that teaches the strategy of determining the cause of refinery fouling, based primarily on chemical analysis of the foulant and the oil, tracing the fouling precursors to the source, and devising multiple fouling mitigation solutions by interrupting or eliminating the fouling precursors.
Not only, will case studies be presented on how each of these crude fouling problems were observed and mitigated but the case study will be presented on how the Oil Compatibility Model was used to mitigate the plugging the inlet of a hydrotreater. The role of asphaltene disperse also will be discussed in mitigating asphaltene fouling. With this background the Fouling Analytical Strategy tool (FAST) will be covered in detail.
Finally, the more conventional engineering methods of fouling mitigating of heat exchangers will be discussed of good practice, whether or not te cause of fouling is known. This includes maximizing shear and minimizing the temperature gradient at the wall, using tube inserts, and cleaning with an optimum schedule.
Why is this course relevant and important?
- The refinery requires an easy-to-follow and effective guidance
- Growing concern about increased energy costs and greater plant availability call for effective fouling mitigation and control strategy
- Surprisingly, there are only a few different causes to 90% of refinery fouling problems.
- If the refinery fouling cause is one of those, the Fouling Analytical Strategy Tool (FAST) enables a very quick determination of the cause with multiple possible solutions.
- The Oil Compatibility Model enables one to conservatively predict with assurance the conditions that asphaltenes are in solution.
- If you are encountering petroleum fouling problems that are requiring units to be shut down for cleaning and or costing large expense in energy trying to conduct heat across insulting foulants.
- If you need a profound understanding why the fouling is happening, if you do not have confidence in vendors that are recommending mitigation methods that require purchasing capital equipment or expensive chemicals, you should attend!
Main features of this course
- LEARN about a whole new unbiased approach to petroleum fouling mitigation that uses novel tools, such as the Fouling Analytical Strategy Tool and the Oil Compatibility Model, to arrive at not one but multiple mitigation methods, usually requiring little or no changes in capital equipment.
- OBTAIN the insight to solve petroleum fouling problems based a new, but simple, way to visualize petroleum macromolecules
- UNDERSTAND why they become insoluble and thermally stable enough to form organic foulant and coke and only then can one have the understanding and the confidence to know when to mitigate coking by increasing the temperature
- HEAR ABOUT other case studies of unconventional fouling mitigation methods that are actually logical with the new insight
- LEARN how to apply a systematic diagnostic approach of the root-cause analysis
- LEARN how to mitigate organic fouling by using the Oil Compatibility Model to avoid the blending of incompatible oils in the wrong proportions or even the wrong order
- UNDERSTAND the increased propensity of fouling due to maldistribution of liquid and vapor phases in two-phase heat exchange equipment â€“ reboilers and fired heaters
- TAKE ADVANTAGE to present your fouling problem and have the workshop and the Course Facilitator help you work through the steps of the Fouling Analytical Strategy Tool.
This course is designed for:
Process Engineering | Thermal Engineering | Maintenance Engineering | Reliability Engineering | Stationary Equipment Engineering | Inspection Engineering | Plant Engineering | Production Engineering | Shutdown Engineering