Beyond the Voice of the Customer in the Public Sector (VOC)
Venue: M Hotel, Singapore
|Event Date/Time: Sep 30, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 01, 2010|
|Registration Date: Sep 25, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 13, 2010|
Workshop Facilitator Profile
The course facilitator is an internationally recognised expert in creating rapid strategic alignment between enterprise objectives and the voice of the customer. He is president of a consulting firm which he founded in 1985. He coined the term â€œcustomer-centered cultureâ€ (also known as C3) in his 1993 best-selling book (5-star rated at Amazon).
The course facilitator has extensive experience directing both strategic and operational improvement initiatives. He has developed and deployed powerful but easy to- understand principles, strategies and tools. They are used to design, measure and improve strategic excellence, service, knowledge work, customer satisfaction and innovation. Representative results achieved from his work include the following:
* Within a two-year period, a state agency saved over $20 million in 2 years, jumped in rank from 25th to #1 and was rated tops in citizen satisfaction.
* Three organisations won their respective Baldrige-based state awards (in Maryland, Missouri and California) as a direct result of applying the course facilitatorâ€™s unique C3 principles and tools.
* Numerous voice-of-the-customer and product/service design initiatives have produced better than 5-to-1 returns on investment within one year of project completion.
* Initiative leaders and project teams have received awards, regional and national recognition for innovative, dramatic and sustainable results by application of C3 practices.
The course facilitator has been cited by seasoned quality professionals as making profound, yet practical contributions to service leadership practices, equivalent to those of Dr. Edwards Deming. Dr. Deming became well-known in the last century, late in his career, for his management principles and focus on process improvement that was particularly well-suited for mature industrial age enterprises. The course facilitatorâ€™s work is seen as having similar importance for the service and knowledge-intensive enterprise of the 21st century, with special focus on new ways for understanding the voice of the customer and translating them into satisfying, innovative products and services that strengthen the practicing enterpriseâ€™s mission and strategic objectives. Where Deming promoted the use of statistical methods, The course facilitatorâ€™s Voice of the Customer linguistic tools and methods enable language to be treated with almost mathematical rigor but with an intuitive simplicity that is fast and easy to learn.
He has a combination of excellent communication skills, leadership vision and bias for action that compels others to follow. He is known as a dynamic innovator who inspires others to think creatively and push the boundaries of what was previously thought impossible. He is listed in the directory of Whoâ€™s Who of Business Leaders and was named Quality Guru by American Society for Quality.
He is an engaging, humorous and interactive speaker. He was ranked #1 of 88 speakers in 2007 by an international organisation and has been repeatedly named â€œbest speakerâ€ by hosting organisations. His keynote presentations combine high technical content with an entertaining, motivational delivery style that is truly inspiring and unique.
He has been featured at many international, national and regional conferences sponsored by such organisations as the Japan Management Association, Chamber of Commerce, Federal Executive Board, Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), Six Sigma Forum, Quality Institute for Healthcare, American Marketing Association (AMA), International Standards Organization (ISO), American Society for Quality (ASQ) and others. He has taught Six Sigma Master Black Belts and other skilled change leaders to advance their understanding and practice of leading edge Voice of the Customer methods.
Working with management from every continent has given him special appreciation for and insights regarding the importance of cultural uniqueness and values. They have led to his striking ability to develop and articulate alternatives to complex organisational and competitive challenges, making the solutions feel suspiciously like common sense. His passion and bias for dramatic and sustainable results inspires others to surpass their goals.
Partial list of award-winning clients:
* Alaska Department of Labor
* Department of Veterans Affairs
* City of Calgary
* Federal Emergency Management (FEMA)
* Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
* Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District
* Meteorological Service of Canada (MSC)
* Missouri Department of Revenue
* Naval Air Systems Command
* Texas Department of State Health Services
* U.S. Coast Guard
* U.S. Department of Defense
* U.S. Government Agencies from Alaska to Vermont
* US Department of the Treasury
* The University of Vermont
* Group Health Cooperative of Puget Sound
* American Express
* Dubai Holding
* Tecom Investments
* General Electric
* Boehringer Ingelheim
* Ford Motor Company
* Idaho Power
* Eastman Kodak
Key benefits for attending this event:
* DETERMINE who â€œthe customerâ€ really is in the public sector context (beyond labels like citizens, stakeholders, ratepayers, buyers etc.)
* UNCOVER what customers want (beyond what they volunteer)
* TRANSFORM dissatisfied or â€œdifficultâ€ customers into your best promoters
* MEASURE performance, perception and outcome expectations
* USE â€œword formulasâ€ to translate subjective perceptions into objective criteria for measurement and design
* AVOID the 10 most common problems with surveys
* INSPIRE INNOVATION to exceed benchmarks, standards and 20th century thinking
* ALIGN strategic direction with customer values and practical daily work
* ELIMINATE ambiguity regarding what â€œserviceâ€ means
* REDEFINE service and knowledge work as concrete, measurable deliverables
* BENCHMARK against stunning case studies to create a short-term action plan for 10-to-1 ROI
Who Should Attend
Directors, Senior Managers and Managers of:
Customer Service | Service Quality | Customer Relations | Contact/call/support Centre |Corporate Development/Planning | Organisation/Capability Development
1. A roadmap that has repeatedly produced stunningly high ROI
2. 8 unique tools you will apply, with access to soft copy
3. Comprehensive desk reference/workbook with extra tools
4. FREE, AUTOGRAPHED best-selling book to all teams of 3 delegates