Crafting an Effective Institutional Social Media Policy
Venue: Online Webcast
|Event Date/Time: Dec 07, 2010|
As institutions continue to enter the social media space or expand their usage of current platforms, they often struggle with how to craft a workable policy for all departments and institutional users. Without a unified approach, the institutional message or brand can get lost, diluted, or misused. Join us online to learn how to develop institutional guidelines for a unified social media presence.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This webcast is designed for communications, marketing, alumni relations, institutional advancement, and admissions professionals who need guidance on how to manage the social media presence for their institution.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Why a social media policy is critical to your institution
* What content, privacy, freedom of expression, and legal issues need to be considered when crafting a policy
* How to manage your presence: Who should be in charge of policy and why?
* Review of effective strategies for assessing policy once it is implemented
* Review of successful policies at other institutions