Serious Health Conditions Under the FMLA: What is Considered Serious?
Venue: Your Office
|Event Date/Time: Sep 21, 2010|
By the end of this audio conference, you will be able to identify with confidence how the Labor Department and courts have viewed the category of covered serious health conditions, and be able to grant or deny leave requests with greater confidence and a reduced fear of litigation. This audio conference will feature the premier national speaker on this issue, Peter Susser, author of Thompsonâ€™s Family and Medical Leave Handbook.
* Define what is considered a Serious Health Condition under the FMLA
* Provide scenarios that will include common problems faced, and mistakes made by, employers in this area, and how to minimize exposure in this area
* How the requirements of the leave laws â€“ ADA, FMLA, and workersâ€™ comp â€“ interact, including what constitutes covered conditions and how to manage paid leave vs. unpaid leave
* How to avoid assumptions in dealing with claims for FMLA leave, and the scope of the employerâ€™s ability to challenge claims of coverage or eligibility based on a reported condition
* How the courts have applied the definition of covered Serious Health Conditions
Attendees Who Will Benefit From This Audio Conference Include:
* Employee Benefits Professionals
* Employment Law Attorneys
* Management Consultants
* Human Resources Professionals
* In-House Labor and Employment Counsel
* Business Managers and Supervisors