Conference on Social Media Summit 2010
Venue: Hotel Orchid, Mumbai, India
|Event Date/Time: Oct 20, 2010|
20, October 2010, Hotel Orchid, Mumbai, India.
Social Media Marketing - One of the most powerful ways for building brands and marketing products & services in current media landscape. Companies can be ensured of a greater presence and increased popularity of their brand apart from getting an opportunity to promote their services or products to a vast base of potential customers with minimum cost in the quickest possible time. This can be achieved fortifying their marketing team with the right tools and strategies for social media marketing. It has become an integral part of our everyday lives. Given the rate at which Social Media is spreading, marketers can no more ignore this revolutionary medium. Different people assume social media in different terms. From an umbrella term defining various technologies that facilitate social interaction using words, pictures video and the like to tools used for sharing and discussing information. Various software tools and networks allow the generation of user content and it is this revolution that is shaping the next generation of web, TV, mobile, enterprise, PR, marketing comms, brand engagement and every industry sector.
Social media marketing is also about fostering relationships with your end users to continue product and service excellence. Social media websites are also growing by almost 100% year after year in India. This multi-faceted conference will equip you with a holistic approach to social media marketing, providing you with fresh ideas on brand presence, social media tools, current market risks and innovative strategies to improve your organisationâ€™s products & services.
SOME INTRESTING MEDIA STATISTICS:-
* Facebook claims that 50% of active users log into the site each day. This would mean at least 175m users every 24 hours.
* Twitter now has 75m user accounts, but only around 15m are active users on a regular basis.
* LinkedIn has over 50m members worldwide..
* Facebook currently has in excess of 350 million active users on global basis.Six months ago, this was 250mâ€¦This means over 40% growth in less than 6 months.
* Flickr now hosts more than 4 billion images.
* More than 35m Facebook users update their status each day.
* Wikipedia currently has in excess of 14m articles, meaning that itâ€™s 85,000 contributors have written nearly a million new posts in six months.
* Photo uploads to Facebook have increased by more than 100%. Currently, there are around 2.5bn uploads to the site each month.
* Back in 2009, the average user had 120 friends within Facebook. This is now around 130.
* Mobile is even bigger than before for Facebook, with more than 65m users accessing the site through mobile-based devices. In six months, this is over 100% increase.
* There are more than 3.5bn pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, etc.) shared each week on Facebook.
* There are now 11m LinkedIn users across Europe.
* Towards the end of last year, the average number of tweets per day was over 27.3 million.
* The average number of tweets per hour was around 1.3m.
* 15% of bloggers spend 10 or more hours each week blogging, according to Technoratiâ€™s new State of the Blogosphere.
* At the current rate, Twitter will process almost 10 billion tweets in a single year.
* About 70% of Facebook users are outside the USA.
* India is currently the fastest-growing country to use LinkedIn, with around 3m total users.
* More than 250 Facebook applications have over a million combined users each month.
* 70% of bloggers are organically talking about brands on their blog.
* 38% of bloggers post brand or product reviews.
* More than 80,000 websites have implemented Facebook Connect since December 2008 and more than 60m Facebook users engage with it across these external sites each month.
Through this summit you will examine how social media culture and social networking platforms are having a major impact on business communication, practices and processes. How can these tools be utilised, how can you employ strategies within your company to increase profitability and sustain reputation
So, In short, it can be concluded that Social Media Marketing is undergoing a lot of structural changes and is poised to grow and contribute greater revenues to the industry in years to come. Get ready!
It is with great pleasure that we invite you all to the â€œSocial Media summit -2010â€ and wish you all the very best.
* Kunal Jeswani, Country Head â€“ India, OgilvyOne Worldwide
* Arun Nair, Senior Manager â€“ Marketing, Head - Online Initiatives, Club Mahindra
* Uday Sodhi, CEO - New Media, Balaji Telefilms
* Pankaj Muthe, Principal Consultant, SMC
* Harshil Karia, Online Strategist, FoxyMoron
* Vijay Rayapati, Head of Product Development, GizaPage
* Rajeev Dhal, Country Head, J9 Ventures
* Paritosh Sharma, Founder & CEO, Until ROI
* Deep Malhotra, Founder & Managing Partner, Gemini New Media Ventures
* Kris Lakshmikanth, Founder CEO & Managing Director, Head Hunters
KEY THEMES DISCUSSED AT THIS SUMMIT
* Why care about social media marketing (SMM)?
* Outlining the growth of social media and its benefits in todayâ€™s Asian market
* Analyzing the worldwide trends in social media & lessons to be learned for Indian market
* How should brands use social media? Illustrating with case studies
* Forecasting revenue growth for brands with ultimate utilisation of social media
* Recognizing SMM as a demand generation tool for brands, products & services to boost business growth
* Discuss and identify the innovative strategies for a cost effective SMM plan to boost sales, nurture your product & establish an impactful brand presence in the market
* How social media is evolving through mobile applications - What is next for mobile social media?
* Engaging customers though mobile apps and mobile social media
* Selecting your appropriate social media agency. How can marketers use social media and achieve ROI?
* Analyzing the practices for delivering PR campaigns across multiple social media platforms
* Global marketing strategies in order to incite the user to use advanced social media services.
* Strategies on boosting the penetration of social media in smaller cities and rural areas.
* Analysing revenue generating models via various channels like (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs etc)
* Establishing social media marketing as a ROI strategy while growing your brands, products and services
* SMM as a contrivance for improving customer base & brand loyalty.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:-
SVPs, CMOs, COOs, VPs, GMs, MDs, Directors, Senior Managers, Heads within:
* Media Marketing
* Digital Marketing
* PR & Publicity
* Corporate Communications
* Consumer Marketing
* Media Relations
* CRM/ Service Quality
* Product Development
TARGET AUDIENCE - INDUSTRY
* FMCG/ Retail/ Consumer Goods
* Banking & Finance/Insurance
* Entertainment & Recreation
* Hospitality & Hotels
* Manufacturing/ Engineering
* PR & Advertising
* Government & Public Sectors
* Other large industries
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Social Media Summit 2010 - â€œBridging businesses to accelerate ROI through innovative social media strategies â€“ DISCOVER, LEARN, IMPLEMENT & RULE YOUR MARKETâ€
Get more from the event, with a broader scope bringing the whole communications value chain together. Enjoy and make the best out of our dedicated networking drinks time, meet the leading market leaders showcasing the technology of tomorrow in the co-located exhibition. Expand your knowledge of the latest business models and technologies in the high-level conference.