Primary Care: Mental Health Issues with a Focus on Drugs and Behavior
|Event Date/Time: Sep 04, 2011||End Date/Time: Sep 11, 2011|
|Registration Date: Sep 02, 2011|
The class presentations will deal with similar material, however, a certain amount of material not provided in the readings will be covered in class and some material from the readings will not be discussed in the presentation.
Preliminary Topics for Activity - DRUGS AND BEHAVIOR TODAY
- DRUG-TAKING BEHAVIOR: PERSONAL & SOCIAL
- HOW DRUGS WORK IN THE BODY AND IN THE MIND
- MAJOR STIMULANTS: COCAINE AND AMPHETAMINES
- NARCOTICS: OPIUM, HEROIN, & SYNTHETIC OPIATES
- LSD & OTHER HALLUCINOGENS -
- Family Intervention
- ALCOHOL: SOCIAL BEVERAGE/SOCIAL DRUG
- CHRONIC ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM
- Motivational Interviewing
The presentation will consist of lectures, small group activities, and video presentations.
Conference Sessions generally take place during the days at sea (as cruise itinerary allows) to avoid conflicts with Ports of Call or evening entertainment.