Preparation Course for NPPE - Professional Practice Exam
Venue: To Be Announced
|Event Date/Time: Dec 10, 2010||End Date/Time: Dec 10, 2010|
This one day seminar prepares NPPE applicants by covering the primary literature required by APEGGA.
Slides on exam material, including guidelines of ethical and lawful practice, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act will be reviewed in the morning.
In the afternoon, there will be a review of sample multiple choice questions.
After this one-day seminar your learning will be facilitated and accelerated in order for you to pass the exam.
A complete set of Progress Seminars course materials are included. The APEGGA study guides are not included in this course.
- A set of 100 (educational) multiple choice questions is included in the course materials.
- This seminar is not a replacement for your study.
- This seminar is not affiliated with APEGGA.
Please note that a meal is not included with this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Engineering, Geology, and Geophysics graduates who needs to obtain their APEGGA licences.
1. Ethical theories and Code of ethics
2. Ethics for three different group of professionals: Managers, Employees, and private sector
3. Specific issues in Ethics: Environmental Ethics, Computer Ethics, Ethics in human resource procedures
4. Canadian Legal System
5. Business organization structures
6. Professional implications: Tort Law, Contract law, and â€œproduct liabilityâ€
7. Tort law
9. Contract classifications: Choosing Project participants
10. Contract classifications: Delivering Methods: Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, etc.
11. Contract classifications: Compensation Methods: Fixed price, Cost plus, etc.
12. Life cycle of a contract: Awarding contract, Executing contract, and terminating contract
13. Specific issues in contracts: Breaches, Disputes and Delays
14. Important clauses in construction contracts
15. Subcontractor contracts
16. Specific type of contracts: Insurance and Bond
17. Other types of law for professionals: Property law, Labour law, Employment law, Environmental law etc.
18. Property Law: Real vs. Intellectual, different types of intellectual properties
19. Regulating a profession
20. APEGGAâ€™s Act
21. APEGGAâ€™s regulations and bylaws
22. Disciplinary procedures
23. Updating your knowledge
24. Exam preparation: How to study, How to write the exam
25. Practice on Multiple choice questions