Interpersonal Communications and Workplace Conflict Strategies
|Event Date/Time: Mar 10, 2010||End Date/Time: Mar 10, 2010|
This highly interactive and skill building one-day course is designed for leaders, team members, and anyone who needs to communicate and interact with others in the workplace.
The benefits of attending this course are far-reaching since effective communications and conflict resolution strategies in the workplace will lead to healthier, highly satisfied, more productive employees. There are also cost savings in organizations when employees learn to actively listen and communicate in ways that reduce misunderstandings or eliminate communication breakdowns.
The morning will focus on interpersonal communications and factors influencing communications; passive, passive-aggressive, aggressive and assertive behaviours and skills / techniques related to assertive behaviour; and finally, appropriate skills and behaviours valuable in the context of giving and receiving feedback.
The afternoon will focus on conflict management skills including the administration and interpretation of a self-assessment tool regarding conflict-inducing behaviours and strategies for managing conflict in the workplace with others. Finally, the afternoon will focus on problem solving skills or collaborative problem solving, essential for achieving win-win solutions.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Describe various communication skills e.g., listening, questioning and feedback that are essential for creating and maintaining positive interactions with team members / others.
2. Describe the guiding principles for creating and maintaining positive interactions with others.
3. Explain the interpersonal communication model and the factors influencing interpersonal communication.
4. Apply effective listening and questioning skills with others.
5. Describe the differences between passive, passive-aggressive, aggressive and assertive behaviour, and explain reasons for behaving assertively, especially in creating and maintaining positive interactions with others.
6. Describe two assertive skills and the application of these skills.
7. Apply appropriate guidelines and techniques for giving and receiving feedback in the workplace.
8. Define what is meant by the term â€œconflictâ€ and how the word is interpreted in the workplace.
9. Describe factors that may lead toward conflict happening in the workplace.
10. Explain strategies for managing workplace conflict.
11. Apply a five-step problem-solving method for resolving workplace conflict.