Dow Jones Global Compliance Symposium 2011 (DJ GCS 2011)
Venue: Park Hyatt
|Event Date/Time: Mar 31, 2011||End Date/Time: Apr 01, 2011|
|Registration Date: Mar 31, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Feb 25, 2011|
In this age of WikiLeaks, the burgeoning Social Network and the BP oil spill there is an unprecedented urgency for business leaders around the world in setting a new standard for global business.
In timely response, the editors of Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal will convene top compliance officers, general counsel, senior ethics officials and the most seasoned outside legal professionals for the Dow Jones Global Compliance Symposium, March 31 and April 1 at the Park Hyatt in Washington, D.C, to examine this unprecedented era of change, heightened regulation, transparency and competition.
Winning Strategies for Navigating Rapid Change
This important two-day event will examine the most important regulations, compliance and governance issues facing businesses today as well as best practices for strengthening corporate governance, ethics and compliance programs â€“ so that organizations can avoid and mitigate the risks of doing business in the global marketplace.
Learn best strategies on dealing with such issues as:
- The whistleblower feature in the Dodd-Frank Act and the U.K.’s new anti-bribery regulations.
- Preventing the release and unauthorized use of data -- both internal corporate research and customer information.
- Conducting business successfully and safely in China, Brazil and Africa.
- Keeping companies from being embroiled in insider trading schemes.
- And much, much more…
Already confirmed to participate and share their views are:
- Anna Itoi, Managing Counsel, Ethics & Compliance, Google Inc.
- Anne Nobles, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management, Eli Lilly and Company
- Former Senator Arlen Specter, (D-PA)
- Stanely Sporkin, Ombudsman, BP America
- Neville Tiffen, Global Head of Compliance, Rio Tinto
- Sharon Zealey, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, The Coca-Cola Co.